~Three~

"Hey Lia?" I asked while we were on the bus.
"Yeah?" She said.
"Do you want to go dress shopping with me after school?"
"Oh my gosh yes!" She squealed. "What's the occasion?"
"Um," I said. "Junior prom."
"WHAT!" Lia yelled. I quickly covered her mouth. Anthony saw us and gave me a weird look. I flashed him a smile before turning my attention back to Lia.
"Shhhh, I don't need everyone knowing." I hissed.
"How the heck did you get invited?" Lia asked.
"Eli asked me to go with him as friends." I said.
"Oh my gosh your so lucky. I would kill to go to prom." She said longingly.
"You don't even know the worst part," I said. "Miguel is making me come with him to pick up his date, Sam."
"How's that bad?" Lia asked, looking confused.
"Because Sam is a LaRusso." I said, but she still looked hopelessly confused. I sighed. "Eli's picking me up at Anthony's house."
She squealed again. "Your so lucky! Anthony gets to see you looking super pretty in a prom dress."
I rolled my eyes. "Will you help me find a dress or not?"
"Obviously," she said, tossing her light brown hair. "Your going to need my help."
I sighed. This was going to be interesting.

~

Me and Lia put our stuff in our lockers, before heading to first period. I went and sat down in my seat next to Anthony, who was already there.
I sat through the lesson, zoning out a bit. It was only when Mr. Johnson announced a project that I started to pay attention.
"You will be presenting a project on the cycle of life with a partner." He said, and I immediately looked to Lia. "It's due next Wednesday. Your partners are who you sit by." I froze. I was partners with Anthony, just my luck. But I couldn't help feeling a little excited.
Mr. Johnson continued listing out requirements for the project before dismissing us.
"So, Lawrence," Anthony said. "Do you want to come to my house after school to work on the project?"
"Sorry," I said, grabbing my notebook. "I can't tonight. I have to go shopping to get a dress, and then I have training."
"A dress?" He asked. "What do you need a dress for?"
"Junior prom," I mumbled nervously.
"What?" He asked, astonished. "How'd you pull that off?"
"I have friends at the high school." I said, heading to my next class.
Anthony caught up to me. "So you have a date?"
"No, I'm going with my friend Eli." I said, glancing at him, confused. "Why?"
"Just wondering." Hé mumbled.
"You'll see me." I added. "Eli is picking me up at your house."
"Why my house?"
"Because my friend Miguel is taking your sister." I said, putting my stuff in my locker.
He leaned against the lockers next to mine. "Why are your friends all in high school?"
"Because there apart of my dojo." I said shutting my locker and locking it.
"Woah, wait." He said. "You do karate?"
I nodded. "I train with your dad, and my dad is a Sensei. I thought you would know that. How else would I know Sam?"
"I had no idea," he mumbled.
I gave him a confused look. "I'm going to head to class, I'll text you later for when we can do our projects."
"Yeah, okay." He said, but he seemed a little distracted. "Sounds good."
I flashed him a quick smile, before heading to class.

~

The rest of the day flew by pretty fast. Finally, me and Lia walked out to our bus stop. She was coming to my house to go shopping.
"We have to find you a dress that's cute, and pretty. It should be a color that compliments your skin tone."
"I was thinking a red dress if we can find one." I said sheepishly.
"Red would look so good on you." She agreed.
My father drove us to the mall and told us he would pick us up in two hours.
As we walked through the mall, we found a store with dresses in the window. Lia immediately rushed inside and started looking through the racks. I found a mid thigh length red dress with sleeves that I really liked. Lia handed me a few more and practically shoved me into the dressing rooms.
The first dress I tried on was a long satin ice blue one. I didn't like it. I tried on a few more until I got to the red one. I tried it on and fell in love.

Your dress^

Your dress^

I walked out of the dressing room to show Lia the dress.
"It's perfect!" She squealed.
"This is definitely the one I want." I agreed.
I payed for the dress and we walked out to meet my dad.
"Did you find one?" My dad asked.
"Yep." I said.
We dropped Lia off and I got ready for training.