~Thirteen~

We worked on our project all day, before it was finally time to go home. My dad had a ton of questions, but I let Mrs. LaRusso answer them, and pulled Anthony to my room.
"This is so cool," he breathed, looking at my music posters that covered all of one wall.
"I love listening to music," I confessed.
"Me too," he said, staring in awe at the posters.
"What's your favorite song?" I asked him.
"I wanna be yours by the Arctic Monkeys" He said, almost sheepishly.
I gaped at him. "Mine to!"
"Actually?" He asked.
I quickly grabbed my headphones off my desk and connected them to my phone, then handed him and earbud. I sat down, my back against the wall, and held out an earbud. He stared at me, before a smile grew on his face, and he took it and sitting down next to me.
I played the song, and we immediately both started singing and laughing.
Anthony watched as I sang, smiling slightly.

              Secrets I have held in my heart,
            Are harder to hide than I thought,
              Maybe I just want to be yours,

"I just wanna be yours," I sang quietly. Anthony was looking at me with a look I've never seen from him before. He glanced down at my lips, before bringing his gaze to my eyes again.
I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to kiss him so bad that it hurt.
I started to lean in, leaving room for him to pull away.
But he didn't.
He leaned in.
So we got closer,
and closer,
until there was barely a whisp of space between us.
Then,
The door slammed open.
We immediately pulled away from each other. Everytime! I thought.
Mrs LaRussos lips were moving, but I couldn't hear a word she was saying.
I paused the music. "What?"
"I said it's time for me and Anthony to get going." She said with a small smile.
"Oh, okay."
"See you Monday," Anthony said, but he looked distracted.
"Yeah," I said, forcing a smile. "See you then."
As soon as I heard the front door shut, I leaned my head against the wall and sighed. We had been so close to kissing, but everytime we get interrupted. 
I sighed again. Monday is going to be awkward.

~

The next day I went to Lias house. I updated her on everything that happened, including that Anthony snuck out to see me, and what happened at his house, and what happened the day before. I showed her the pictures, and told her what Sam told me. I told her everything.
And she had a lot to say. Most of it included her telling me to tell Anthony how I felt, and I refused.
"C'mon Kendal. He obviously likes you!" She would say.
"You don't know that!" I would respond.
She finally gave up.
"So," she asked. "I may or may not have a crush."
"What!" I yelled. "Spill!"
"Remember the new kid?" She asked and I nodded. "His name is Kenny. He's actually super sweet."
"Aw," I said. "You guys would be cute."
"Not as cute as you and Anthony." She said.
"Ugh," I groaned. "Not this again."
"What happens when you wait to long to tell him how you feel?" She asked. "What if he gets a girlfriend?"
"Then good for him," I said, trying to hide how much the thought of that hurt.
"I've got it!" She yelled.
"Got what?" I asked.
"We can go on a double date! Me and Kenny, and you and Anthony! We can go to the this weekend."
"That's . . . actually a pretty good idea," I admitted.
"Don't act so surprised," she said smiling. "I'll ask the boys tomorrow at school."
"Great," I said, without much enthusiasm. Tomorrow was going to be so awkward.