𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 - 02

Hotel Cortez, 23rd March 2014

✱ ✥✥ ✱

"no way! truly?" you asked Liz in shock. she laughed bashfully, turning around to busy herself with cleaning a glass. "Liz my love, i'm ecstatic to hear this. you truly deserve this." you gushed at the news Liz brought to you, that she think she's found someone she loves more than anyone.

you straightened out a fold in your long sequin dress as you adjusted your position on the stool. your hands holding the cold liquor filled glass. "i often wish i had your makeup skills." you sighed dreamily, eyes sweeping across the shimmery blue shadow that painted her lids. she scoffed. "you my dear don't need makeup. all the guys already drop to their knees around you." she smiles. you lean forward on the bar, chin being held up by your forearm's. "really?"

Liz smiles, her eyes drifting to something behind you. her smile widening the linger she looks behind you. "i'd almost kill for someone to look at me like that." she sighs dreamily, eyes returning to the glass she was cleaning. you sit up, straightening your posture as you look behind you. and your heart swoons as your eyes land on him, watching you from across the floor. Liz smiles at the look the two of you are sharing. "why don't you join your gorgeous lady instead of sitting apart from her." she chuckles.

James' smile widens as he gets up from his chair, cigarette between his fingers as he almost glides across the floor to you. he offers you his hand with a sweet smile. "dearest." he speaks, his warm voice ringing through your ears. you accept his hand, heart soaring as he places a soft kiss on the back of it. he doesn't let go as he sits down on the stool next to you, turning to face you. "how are you darling?" you look down at his hand with a bashful smile. "i'm good my love." you smile, blush warming your cheeks.

the two of you never did leave the 'honeymoon' phase of your relationship. you still got lovesick every time you saw him, and James always stood and admired you from afar, as if he didn't already have you.

Liz watches the two of you as she shakes James' drink, his choice having never wavered over the many years she's know him. "how do you manage to get more beautiful everyday dear?" his eyes drifting dreamily across your features, down to your stunning dress, then back up to your face. you giggle, hiding your face with your free hand. he's quick to pull it away, holding both your hands with his larger ones.

"don't hide that gorgeous face from me my love." his hand now holding the side of your face as his thumb massages circles into your soft skin. "how was your day? good i hope." he smiles, taking a drag of his almost forgotten cigarette. as James exhales he smothers the small remainder of it in one of the handful of ashtrays sitting atop the bar.

you glance down at your lap before looking back up at him, catching his dark, glittering eyes. "it was good. how was your day my love?" you smile as you lose yourself in his eyes. James shook his head with a chuckle. "it was alright. better now that you're here again." he flashes a cheesy grin.

✱ ✥✥ ✱

the evening was filled with laughter and sweet nothings as the two of you finish a few drinks. "let me take you back to your room darling." he chuckles, noting how you're leaning mostly against the bar; not trusting yourself with sitting on the backless stools. you smile and nod, letting James take your hand as he thanks Liz and pays for the drinks. one arm tightly wrapped around your waist, the other hand holding a cigarette as the two of you walk back to your room. well, yours and James.

you giggle as he leans you against the wall beside the door as he gets out hos key and opens the door in a fluid motion. "in we go my dearest." he smiles as his hold on your waist returns, leading you through the door and closing it behind the two of you.

you drop your head against his shoulder as the door closes, leaving the two of you in your own world. he holds up his hand that's holding the cigarette, gently pressing the filter between your lips. you close your eyes you inhale the smoke, exhaling with a long sigh. you lift your head from his shoulder, eyes meeting his own dark ones. you smile as you press a sweet kiss against his lips, your hand holding the side of his face in a manner that has him weak in the knees.

you reach out for him, hands in front of you as you sway a little to the music. "come on my love, dance with me." honestly, with how angelic you look under the dim lighting of the room, swaying to the music with that dopey smile, he couldn't resit. he smothers the cigarette in his ornate ashtray on the desk, his hands instantly finding purchase around yours. "alright darling." he smiled, placing a tender kiss on your forehead as he gently swayed along with you.

the two of you had been slowly dancing around for hours, he now held your waist as your arms were around his neck, your head leant against his shoulder and your eyes closed. "i love you dearest, more than anything in life and in death." his thumbs rubbing soothing circles into your lower back. you smiled tiredly, your arms tightening around him. "i love you too, more than i could ever explain." your face was now comfortably nuzzled in the crook of his neck as the two of you swayed, slowly slowing down.

"let's get you to bed my darling." he suggested quietly, almost afraid to speak any louder as if it would break the peaceful atmosphere. you nod, a long yawn escaping you. James only smiles as he carefully peels you from him, turning you around so he can undo your dress. his long fingers slowly undoing the laces bit by bit. you sigh as the dress loosens up more and more, until he's sweetly pulling it down your body, holding a hand out for you to hold as you step out of the dress. he moves over to his desk chair, hanging the dress over the back of it for now.

"you dear are wearing far too many clothes." you tut, your fingers already working on his bow tie. you undo the soft fabric, draping it over your dress on the chair. your fingers return to his shirt, slowly working your way down the buttons. James' hands holding your soft waist while he watches you undress him. you carefully push the shirt off his shoulders, his hold leaving you for a second as you pull the sleeves down his arms. you lean away, carefully hanging the shirt on the chair.

you'd think he would be all over you by now, but in a moment as sweet as this, he can't find it in him to have those thoughts. though they flicker through his mind for the briefest second as you pull down his slacks, they're washed away when your smaller hand finds purchase around his larger hand as you pull him towards the bed. you sit down, pulling him down with you as you connect your lips with his in a soft, sweet kiss. his calloused hand sliding up and down the soft skin of your bare waist as he gently pushes you up onto the middle of the bed more.

you pulled away from the kiss, pressing a kiss to his cheek before laying your head on the soft pillow, looking up at him as he pulls the covers over the two of you. you pull the covers around your shoulder, an arm snaking around James' bare waist as you nuzzle against his chest. "goodnight dearest, sweet dreams." he speaks quietly, his voice just above a whisper. you're already half asleep, lids closed firm as your face pressed against his chest. "goodnight James." you mumble softly before drifting off with a small smile on your lips.

-
Fin
Word count - 1380
Re upload from tumblr user -
@churchofrain

Bye lovelies!