𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 - 𝟬𝟱

✱ ✥✥ ✱
The Cortez, California, USA
17th of March 1924

✱ ✥✥ ✱The Cortez, California, USA 17th of March 1924

✱ ✥✥ ✱

"You do not understand, what is it about my referral are you not comprehending? It must be perfect Ms Evers(!)" James shouts loud enough for the whole of California to hear.

"I don't know if it's your lack of experience when it comes to proposals but it must be perfect, and nothing left for my future wife" He sternly remarks, every dig at Ms Evers chipping away at her self confidence.

"I understand Mr March, Florence would be happy either way I do suppose" She smiles warmly at James making him give her a small smile back.

"But happy is not good enough, she needs to be ecstatic, over the moon, overjoyed(-)" His voice ringing throughout out the echoey walls of the dining room.

"Who must be overjoyed my dear? What is this talk of a proposal? Something to do with work?" The voice smooth as water twanged throughout the room making James' back stiffen.

"My dearest? Home early?" He turned around to find his dearest Florence standing next to her two best friends, Elizabeth and Clara.

Clara was a famous actor
And Elizabeth a designer.

Florence stood with a white feather bow around her, a cigarette in her mouth, a feather hat on, and a beautiful bejewelled flapper dress on.

The sight made his heartbeat become sporadic, and his whole cold blooded body become as warm as ever.

Suddenly he sees Clara (bow) go to Florence ear, cupping her hands around it and whispering something.

Florence's eyes widened in shock.

"You intend to marry me James?" Florence slaps her hand over her chest and runs over to him.

The bags she once held on the floor and everyone but one woman smiling at the scene.

"Not how I had planned it, but yes my dear, I want to be able to introduce you as my wife, and see the most beautiful band on your finger and smile at the fact that your mine," James wrapped his larger arms around Florence, settling his hands on her waist.

"Well my dearest what do you say?" He leans down placing a gentle kiss on top of Florence's head.

"I would"
"I would"

"You would?" James chuckles making Florence Amit his favourite sound to hear her make, her laugh.

Pure joy.

"Yes! Oh my god yes!" James picks her up, his hands underneath her thighs.

Spinning her round they kiss.

A passionate needy one.

Slowly he lets her down and she runs away to Clara and Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth says she wishes to design my wedding dress, I'll be back at right (!)" Florence giggles running away with her friends giddily.

"Was that good enough?" Ms Evers breaks a long comfortable silence for James but for her not as, she looks at James.

He turns around expecting her to be smiling along side him, his future wife, her friends, and what felt like everyone in the world.

But found her face straight.

"Oh my Ms Evers yes it was(!)" He smiles walking away.

Ignoring a distraught cleaner.

✱ ✥✥ ✱

Word Count - 512

Epilogue - James starts/tries to plan proposing to Florence(reader) and he finds that she has overheard him and excepts.