𝙊𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙪𝙨 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 - 04

18th of May 2014

✱ ✥✥ ✱

A feeling of Boredom over comes Florence as she is sat in James' penthouse.

Re-read the great gatsby.

Turned on the so called television' , though her time period being the raging 20s made watching that shit boring.

And so she came to the conclusion she would go pester James in his office.

After almost 87 years of marriage.

It becomes a routine.

And Florence couldn't help but feel that James didn't spend as much time on her as he used to.

As she lifts herself off the couch she can hear James coughing.

She speeds up her pace and eventually makes it to the door of James' office.

She slowly knocks on the door.

James let's out a huff.

"Yes?" He asked, his tone laced with annoyance.

She pushes the door open and walks up to the side of James' desk.

"James honey," She smoothens out his suit blazer by slowly running her hands up and down his arm promiscuously.

"Honey, take a break!" She slowly walks round to behind his chair rubbing his shoulders.

"Florence." He sternly remarks, "now is not the time," his voice started getting angrier.

"Please, James, I know you want to," she teases, her smile clear as day on her face not faltering.

"Your neediness today is insufferable, as are you-"

"I suggest you go, and I shall see you when I see fit. At di-"

But before he could finish Florence had ran out, down the hallway and into the bedroom.

James felt a pit in his stomach.

He quickly rushed up the hall and into the master to find it empty with clothes scattered.

He had led Florence astray.

✥✥

Florence was down at the bar, sobbing her heart out.

"Now come on darling, I'm sure he didn't mean it(!)" Liz smiles an unsure smile at the distraught girl in front of her.

"But that's the thing(!) He said it anyway, he is never callous or rude, even when he's drunk." Florence mutter making a soft palm reach her back.

She slowly turns around expecting to see Donovan, or Elizabeth who she had grown quite fond of. But no. There stood a sorrowed looking James.

"My love, my darling(-)" He begins, the pet names allowing Florence to grow angry, or more angry.

"How could you be so cruel James(?)" She inquires making James begin.

"How could you be so stone-hearted and(-)" she cuts him off, pausing at the end of her sentence.

"Ruthless, with your words(!) I have never said anything derogatory about you(!) or this stupid hotel(!) or your lack of regard for anyone but yourself(!)" She screech's making James' eyes soften, then slowly turn sad.

"If that's how you feel then very well. Dinner is cancelled tonight" and with that, in one swift motion he is away.

"Honey, that was a bit harsh"

"It was wasn't it?" She begins to sob again leaving nothing for Liz to do.

✥✥

The next few days went slow.

The atmosphere on the hotel was dampened.

And James and Florence hadn't been seen since they're argument in the bar.

Liz sets out to get the two lovebirds back to how they once were.

✥✥

"You could call the sons of bitches down and tell 'em to make up already" sally suggests.

"No no, we would have to lure them somewhere."

"I saw her yesterday, she seemed distraught, not like the girl to let anyone other than James to see her without make up" Elizabeth adds.

"You saw her(?)" Donovan turns towards Elizabeth who nods.

"We are good friends(!)" she smiles lightly making everyone smile at the weird moment.

"Why don't you invite James to dinner, and then Florence to dinner, and forever them to make up." Donovan suggests.

"That is an incredible idea"

✥✥

As the James knocked on the door, he entered.

"Elizabeth, why is it you have called me(?)" James questions sitting down at the opposite end of the table as the mystery person.

"Elizabeth(?)" He hears the sweet voices of Florence waver through his ears.

"Florence," Sternly remarks.

"I'm sorry" he hears the confession leave her lips making him smile.

"If you think you are as sorrowed by our argument as I am you would be sadly mistaken.

He rushes over to her side making her jump up and hug him.

"Nothing. And I mean nothing has been able to take your place"

Florence could feel James' warm smile.

✥✥

Word count - 739
User - MeloraWrites

Epilogue:

Florence and James both hurt each others feelings and argue though solving in the end.