𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 - 07

✱ ✥✥ ✱
James' parents house
18th of June 1909

✱ ✥✥ ✱James' parents house18th of June 1909

✱ ✥✥ ✱

I twist my feet to either side, facing my souls untoward each other, as whistle a simple tune.

Waiting for someone, anyone's arrival to answer my request at the door.

I suddenly hear a voice clear, forcing my gaze on to my James.

"Hello Jamesy!" I smile running over to the happy boy in-front of me.

"Oh Florence my dear, why pray tell are you visiting?" James looks down at me.

"Oh you know why! Now is your little sister returned home? We shall have our tea party, you Jamesy are my date" I give him a big cheesy smirk making him laugh.

"I would be honoured my dearest," as we begin the ascent of his stairs he links arms with me.

The beautiful railings boarding the stairs, the beautiful chandelier hanging above, a dark contrast from my worse off life.

As we reach the top of the stairs, we see James' little sisters room, Eveline.

Though nicknamed Evey, she was a contrast from her much older brother.

Blonde hair like gold, a smile not one hadn't seen, blue eyes, and hair always in a ribbon.

"Are you using me?" James chuckles, fainting hurt and despair.

"Oh mon Cherie! Who has told you such lies" I giggle slapping his chest a little.

"Flora?" Eveline calls making me smirk at James.

"Sometimes I begin to believe she loves you more than me!" James chuckles out as I grab his face in my hands.

"You better believe it, mon Cherie" I giggle out running away to Eveline's room.

As soon as I open the grand gold and white door, I see an overjoyed Eveline.

"Evey!"

"Flora!" She shouts out, jumping up and running to me.

Upon her arrival in my arms I spin her round making her laugh in glee.

As I hear the padding of feet against the floor I momentarily place Eveline on my hip.

"Look at you, stealing my sister" James smiles at me brightly as Eveline placed her head on my warm chest.

"Mon Cherie, I'm afraid you were right, I am using you, for your adorably gorgeous little sister" I giggle kissing Eveline's head.

"Flora! He told you, he told you he like you!" The small five year old girl looks up at me making James' eyes widen.

"Now now Eveline, what did mother say to you about mumbling," James scolds making me giggle.

"Oh Evey, but how right you are, he beat my to the punches" I giving her silly look.

"Beat you? To the punches?" James hurriedly asks making Eveline and I giggle.

"Of course silly, you know I've liked you for years" I smile at James.

"No, no I haven't! Why haven't you told me this!" James practically shouts catching me off guard.

"Eveline was supposed to tell you"

James slowly looks at Eveline and she squirms out of my arms.

She runs away leaving me and James shocked.

When suddenly soft lips move against mine.

"I love you, and always have Mon Cherie"

"I've always loved you to, Cara mia"

𝗠𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗚𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘇
Word count - 520
Epilogue - Reader goes over to James' to play with little sister and feelings are shown and exchanged.