CHAPTER 1

I looked at the window. The sky was tar-black and the large clouds gloomy. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter as the cloud spat at their beads of water. I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window.
It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees. The night sky was aglow with bright city lights.
The pale crescent moon shone towards my window as the rain ceased to pour. I gazed through my window looking up at the blanket of stars that stretched infinity.
The unusual barking of faraway dogs broke the silence of the night.
"What was that?", I mumbled.
The barks of the dogs became fiercer and
unremitting. I could tell something was wrong as there are limits to the barking of dogs and this was unusual. The unending barks of the dogs were followed by the buzzing siren of the police vehicles. "What is going on?", I said with curiosity written over my face standing up from the sit where I had been gazing from.
I walked my way to my closet to get a jacket as it was cold outside. My intention was to go out- side to see what was happening. I just couldn't stay put.
I went outside to see what was going on, but to my greatest surprise, the whole neighborhood was outside. They were all gathered at a particular spot. Perhaps,taking a look at the huge scene that had just taken place. I made my way through the crowd to see for my-self what had happen. I could barely see what exactly others where ogling at. I wasn't seeing anything at all. All I could see where peoples head obstructing my view. I guess this is what I get for being short. I mean, I wasn't even that short. I am a girl of mediocre height.
The police where all around ensuring security and safety as they prevented people from going further, instructing them to go to their various homes.
"Jadaaaaaaah", I turned abruptly to see the jerk of a person that would yell my name in my public.
Oh, it was Stephen, a typical nerd. He once expressed his feelings for me but I declined it immediately, right at the spot, cause bruh, he is definitely a red card for me. He lacked the qualities of my desired man, so there was no way a relationship thing could work out between the both of us.
"Hey Stephen, you scared me".
"What is going on here Jadah?".
"I have no idea Stephen. I was just trying to figure that out before you blew my name publicly".
( Wiu-wiu, Wiu-wiu(wail) [ the sound of an ambulance].
I became more inquisitive at the sound of the ambulance which had just arrived the scene.
"Now, something is definitely not right", I muttered to myself .

It was a dead scene, and that too at a shopping mall called THE ABC. According to some individuals I overhead having a conversation as regarding this whole issue. They said the shopping mall had undergone a burglary attack which resulted in the death of three people. I couldn't believe what it was exactly, as they were several rumors peddled around as regards this death scene.
"Apparently it is a dead scene, can't you see the ambulance", a lady said to her friend.
A lot of people started living to their various homes.
It was Sunday and i wasn't prepared to go to school in the morrow. I went back home pounding on
the incident that took place. I honestly don't like news relating to death, it terrifies me.
Immediately I got home, I went to mom's room to check if she was back from work. As I was stepping in her room, she was coming out of her bathroom wiping her hair with a towel.
"Hey mum", I said.
She seemed to be oblivious of my presence ignoring me.
"Moooooooom", I yelled. She turned to me in abruptness.
"Hey Jadah, didn't see you there, how was your
day?".
"It was going fine mom, not until the murder that just happened at the ABC SHOPPING
MALL".
Mom was shocked after I mentioned the murder that took place at the ABC SHOPPING MALL, she looked scared and worried. I observed her dynamic
disposition for the first time.
"Well, mom you look stressed out. Your food is in
the kitchen, I microwaved it. Please do eat it and take some rest, okay mom?".
"Okay", she replied and went down stairs.
I was about leaving her room not until I remembered the hair brush I left in her bathroom earlier this morning.
As I made my way to her bathroom, slightly opening the door to her bathroom she stopped me.
"Jadah,what are you doing?".
"I want to take the hairbrush i left in your bathroom this morning",I replied.
"Well, I kept it for you, please go to your room and sleep. You have a test tomorrow".
Gosh!, mom had to remind me of the test. I hated my physics test so much, let's just say I hated the teacher in particular, he has this officious habit of being  intrusive and it irked me. It was more of a generic resentment, the whole school hated him.
"Okay mom, if you say so".
I exited her room to mine in reminiscent of the little blood I barely saw in moms sink in her bathroom.
I wasn't sure if it was blood but I think it was.
"Something is fishing".
I had to force myself to read physics as it
was imperative to pass  Mr Davis test
"I need good grades but the teachers aren't good",
I said, crying hilariously while reading my physics text book.