CHAPTER 6

The light of dawn seeped into my room with a rosy hue across the morning sky. I rubbed my bleary eyes and walked to the window. There was a pearly glow in the sky. It was finally Friday, today was the last day of test, I couldn't be more happy. I went into the bathroom; I took my bath then I brushed my teeth. I made my way out of the bathroom with my white towel tied around my body while using my other miniature pink towel to clean my hair. I sat at the chair in front of my mirror, I brought out my hair dryer, then I dried my hair. I applied some make-up;
I left my hair floating.
I put on a pink turtle neck sleeve,with a pink palazzo trouser and a black platform- heel. I did my eyeliner as usual.
"perfect ", I smirked with the way it went. Am becoming perfect day by day. Consistency does pay. I arranged my books in my purple bag. I was good to go now. I walked down to the sitting room.
"Good morning Jadah", Vincent said to me.
"Am sorry about the other day".
"Its fine Vincent, am the one who needs to apologize, I said things to you I wasn't suppose to say, in fact I crossed my boundaries and am sorry", I said remorsefully.
"Were is mom?", I asked Vincent.
"She left for work".
"How about Dad?".
"Dad is...".
"Good morning angel".
Vincent and I turned back abruptly to the direction the voice came from. Oh, it was dad.
"Good morning dad", I replied.
"How was your night?".
"It was fine dad. Where are you heading to dad?", I asked him as he was about exiting thröugh the entrance door.
"Am going to work Jadah".
"Work??".
"Yes work".
"Have you decided to come stay with us permanently?".
"Didn't your mom tell you? I will be
staying here for two months pending on where I will be reposted to go again".
"I don't understand dad".
" I will explain everything for you as soon as I come from work, am running out of time, okay?", he said as he kissed me on my forehead.
"Bye Jadah", he waved as he left the house.
"Pin pin". The school bus was here.
"Vincent?", I said.
"Please swiftly package my food for me, my school
bus is here".
I walked out of the house as slow as I could so Vincent could bring my food for me.
"Hurry up girl", the driver yelled at me. I was outside already. Oh,Vincent is here. He gave me my already packaged food, before I realize people
were already shouting in the school bus.
"Vincent, you're my crush".
" Vincent please notice me".
Some even brought out their phones and started filming through the window of the school bus.
"Oh, so your boyfriend now sleeps over at
your house, or you are the one sleeping over at your boyfriend house?" three girls from the school bus said mockingly. I looked at Vincent face with a facial
expression of; this is what am telling you about. He looked at me back with a facial expression of; I am sorry, I understand you now.
"Am sorry ladah", he whispered to my ears.
Okay I got this. I took the packaged food from his hands, then I kissed him on his forehead.
"See you later love", I said to Vincent.
"See you soon angel", he replied as he almost burst out into an apparent laughter.
I could see the anger and frustration in some of the female students faces, they were dam angry. I had no idea what I was doing, and why I said that. I walked in school bus as I flaunt my floating blonde hair. I sat down at the back seat and the driver moved the bus.

On arriving at school, I stepped out of the bus with confident. Today was the last day of test and I couldn't wait for it to be over.
"Hey Jadah".
"Hey Julie, how are you?", I asked.
"Am fine, how is your cousin Vincent?".
"He is fine".
We both chatted as we walked into the hallway.
"What Is this on the wall".
" I have no idea Julie".
{reading what was written on the poster on the wall). EXCLUSIVELY FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS. THE KNOWLEDGE OF ERUDITE COMPETITION. FIND YOUR PARTNERS HEREUNDER AND REPORT TO YOUR ASSIGNED COUNSELOR ONCE YOU HAVE CHECKED YOUR PARTNERS . BELOW IT YOU WILL SEE THE NAME OF YOUR GROUP AND THE NAME OF YOUR COUNSELOR AND HIS/HER OFFICE.
"It's a competition", Julie muttered.
"Have you seen your name? ", I asked her while
thoroughly using my eyes to look for my name and my partner's
"No, I haven't seen it yet", she replied.
"Here is mine, and my partners are Israel and Julie", I said.
"Wait, what! let me see".
"Jadah, we are partners, yes! that is my name", she shouted as she jumped up in joy.
"Calm down, is that your surname?", I asked.
"Yes, it is; Julie Stephen", she replied.
"Well, good for us".
"But who is Israel?", I asked Julie.
" I have no ideal".
"Have you checked the name and the office of our assigned counsellor".
"No, I haven't. I checked below the names of my partner as instructed in the
poster. MR Daniel, 10th floor, block e ", I read out.
" Oh great, that's cool, see you around Jadah", Julie said as she left for her class. I had better go to class too.