CHAPTER 12

"Ouch", I exclaimed as I felt a hand trusted on my temple.
"What the hell", I said, finally coming to my consciousness seeing Julie on the bed.
It was 7:3 am, and I planned to leave by 5.
"Julie, wake up", I tapped her furiously, she didn't even budge.
"Now girl, this is what's not going to be happening".
"I am leaving with or without you", I added.
I made my way to the bathroom and I took a 2 minutes shower. I was out as soon as I was done. Julie wasn't in the bed.
"Her cup of tea", I shrugged.
I made use of the towel I saw on the bathroom door, to dry my body a bit, but not my face. I was fastidious when it comes to the usage of people's
things. I got dried up a little, so I got into my clothes and was ready to leave.
Before I knew it, someone wedged under my arm. It was Julie, already looking all dressed up.
"You scared me"
"Let's go", Julie said.
"How did you manage to leave here and change into this outfit in just 2 minutes".
"Let's leave all that for latter, first, we have to get your mom emancipated from the whims of the law", Julie said.
"sure", I retorted.
We exited the house and the compound as well, only to see a car parked outside.
"Come on in", Julie said preceding over to the car. I followed her.
We both were now fully seated in the car.
"Take us to Templar law firm", Julie said.
I was dumbfounded by the sudden seriousness of Julie, how she was handling this whole thing well. "They host one of the most profound lawyers, who never lose a case to their opponent. They are well versed in their field, majority of the lawyers there are first class graduates and products of Harvard and Oxford. They are tagged as templars".
I was rather too shock than to make any utterances. The driver had long started driving.
"Julie, where are this things coming from?"
"Research, research, research. Helping you requires my all, so I decided to actually contribute a lot to the success of your plan. The booking of the cab and
research on appropriate law firms that would best do justice to the rendition of the case. It will be a breeze", she said exuberantly.
"Julie, I owe you a lot, thank you so much".
"Come on ladah, don't be like that, aren't we friends".
"No, we are besties"
"Awn, you are the sweetest, Jadah".
"No, you are the sweetest", I said.
We were pretty much occupied as we both rained down encomiums on each other as neither of us where ready to give in.

We finally reached the firm. Templar law firm was conspicuously scribbled on the apex of the firm.
We both alighted from the car and Julie bided the driver his cash for the ride.
Sumptuous vehicles trooped into the firm.
"This are the templars, they are here, I mean they have started coming to work one after another", Julie said with excitement as she pulled me into the firm.
We both paced towards a lawyer, who just parked and was about alighting from his car.
"Hello sir, I mean my honor", Julie said which surged a stilted giggle from my mouth.
"Good morning sir", I accorded the solicitor.
"Good morning', he replied, opening the door of his car.
"How can I help you ", he added.
I told him about how my mom needed to be save from her execution occurring today. The solicitor requested to know the full details of the issue. I explained everything to him as we walked inside of the building. I told him everything fastidiously not omitting any issue, both the trivial and the important. He resonated with me. I gave him the evidence I had, the record note of Madison and the documents indicating mom wasn't in town for three days. He requested for the phone number of moms boss, I gave that to him, he called him and they talked. He assured us that the case was going to be a breeze as Julie said earlier. He made a call to the state high court where he said he was coming in 25 minutes time.
"Let's go", the lawyer said.
We walked out of his office and he told the receptionist that he would be back.
"Tell , Derick not to bring the coffee to my office, I will be back. I will be expecting a client, Mrs. David, when she comes, please direct her to barrister Joe", he said before we exited the firm.
We got to where he parked his car, he entered his seat and he beaconed on me to come sit at the front, then Julie sat at the back. He started the car and he drove off.
"My honour, you haven't told us your name yet", intruded the silent that inflated the car by Julie.
" I am barrister Felix".
It was already past 9.
"Barrister Felix , can you please drive a bit faster, what if we arrive late at the scene and...
"inferring from your vocable, you are quite anxious, which is totally understandable. Do not be dismayed, execution starts from 11am and we will we be
there shortly", he interrupted.
"Jadah, relax", Julie assured me, tapping my
shoulder from behind.
Silent filled the car. I had my eyes roaming around the busy city. The words of barrister Felix were as the sound ensued from a pacifying sea wave. His words calmed me a bit, but there I was, still fidgeting. I wanted us to get there so soon. But life had other plans. We got stalk in a long traffic jam.
"Barrister Felix, please do something, its already 5 minutes past 10'.
"Jadah, I can't vault over these vehicles, we just have to be patient'.
Now, why must there be a hurdle. how I hated what life was doing to me. At least make this a good
ending. Haven't I suffered enough?