CHAPTER 10

It was Sunday, 9:1 am. I hurriedly ran to the shower. There stood I, under the hot water of my shower, dominated by a profound sadness. There came moments that I suddenly felt that all my emotions had gone blank. When I looked into the mirror, lost in my reflection, I could no longer see the joyful and young animated Jadah in those  eyes of mine.
I spent hours sitting on my bed after I was done showering. Not too sure of the idea to go see mom. It
was already 11:30 am. I could no longer carry my legs to the sitting room, as I found my legs taking me to the sitting room against my will. I went to the kitchen to make  breakfast for myself. I had no appetite to it.
"I need the old Jadah back", I yelled stabbing the
table with the fork .
After which I forced myself to eat. It was already 12:1pm, time went fast today. I looked at the clock on the wall.
"I was told you heal scars; I mean partially. Will you be able to heal mine?", I asked the clock evasively talking to time.
"I taught as much", I scoffed.

I went upstairs to get my purse and mine and
Vincent's phone. I made my way to the sitting room as I exited the house. I booked an uber which arrived at my house approximately 1:23pm.
"Dante station", I said to the driver.
The ride was almost about an hour as we got stalk in traffic. Curiosity should be my middle
name; I just hope all this  was worth it.
We arrived at Dante station exactly 2 o clock.
I paid the driver as I alighted from the vehicle.
I took a deep breath and let them all out.
Walking towards the building, I met with some police officers.
"Good afternoon sirs, ehmm, do you happen to know how I can meet MRS. Walter?", I asked the two police officers.
"You mean, the woman with the kleptomania
defect?".
"Yes sir", I replied.
"She has been taking to the state high court for a trial this morning", one of the officers said.
"Thank you, sir", I said to them as I took to
my heels existing the police station.
I called an uber.
"You are late man", I told the uber driver for arriving 37 minutes after I called him".
"Am sorry mam, traffic has been terrible".
" Take me to the state high court".

Thanks to all the short root the driver was taking ,cause the traffic jam was an absolute time waster. We were one minute close to the state high court, I could already see it. But what got my attention was when I sighted multiple press(media)
running towards the high court with their cameras and mics.
"Thanks for the ride", I said to the driver as I bid him his money.
I came down from the vehicle acting like the major character in a 90s movie. 43 steps approximately then I would be inside the high court, tentatively.
It was a one-minute walk to the high court where the driver had dropped me.
Entering the high court was I, coming out of the court room was mom with a handcuff on her hands alongside two police officers. There stand Vincent's mom, weeping as she gave my mom a life changing smack on her face.
"you killed my son, you witch, I will kill you",
Vincent's mom said venting in fury.
I stood afar witnessing everything that was happening. The press rushed towards
mom, as they started with their usual questioning. Mom didn't make even a gesture as she kept quiet the whole time the press questioned her. I walked
forward a little bit, so I could hear what they were saying and not just see. Mom looked thin and emaciated, her hair was messy, her lips where cracked. Tears formulated a gathering in my both eyes.
"Now that you have been sentenced to
death by hanging, do you have anything you wish to say?", one of the media personalities asked mom.
"What! Mom would be sentenced to death", I muttered as my left  eyes let down its tears solely. "yes! I have", mom responded to this question, she continued.
"I wish my daughter  would believe that I am innocent and not hate me even when am forever gone. I wish to see my little angel for the
last time, I wish I could see when my daughter goes to college, and give her all the pep talk a mother would, mom said as she started to cry.
"I wish I would be there when she gets married to her prince charming, I wish I could witness how
she grows into that beautiful and young lady, I wish, how I wish", mom said.
My eyes couldn't play stubborn as they let the tears all out.
"Take her away", a five-star police officer said.
I ran out of the court in tears as they took mom in a black police Hilux. The car zoomed off in front of my eyes till I lost sight of it.