Chapter 74

The second prince could see that Lin Ning was still upset with him for forcefully taking her with him and getting rid of the people with her. "You don't need to worry about losing anyone. You will have more to gain when we return to the Zhao Palace." The second prince tried to hold her hand when Lin Ning stood up.

Lin Ning clearly knew that he was trying to take advantage of her 'weak' state. 'He is becoming just like his father. A man would take what catches his interest and then toss it aside as if it was nothing.' Lin Ning was about to return to her room when the second prince went ahead and took her by the wrist instead. "What do you want now?" Lin Ning had released a sigh, facing the man trying to gain her affection when it belonged to another.

"We are going out." The second prince had dragged her along without giving her a chance to reject it. Tai Yuqing followed after the two; he was still the second prince's guard, so he would have to go no matter what.

***

"Mmpphh-ble!" Xia Ling was seen running out of the kitchen; she had vomited off to the side, which caught much attention.

"Ling?! Are you alright?!" Shi Men rushed over once he saw her running out from the kitchen.

"I'm fine. I just felt nauseous all of a sudden." Xia Ling had never felt nauseous before.

"Let's go and ask Hun Cuifen. She will know what's wrong with you. This is the first time I've seen you look this pale." Shi Men carried her up without letting her answer him back.

"Hey!" Confused, she was in his arms, and her feet were not even on the ground. "I can still walk!" She lightly hit his chest, looking at him to put her down.

"No, I have the responsibility to take care of you. I won't let you on your feet until we see the issue." Shi Men carried Xia Ling in his arms, not even bothered by those around who witnessed the two.

'This idiot really isn't shy.' Xia Ling hid her face in his neck, refusing to let others see this.

"Hun Cuifen!" Shi Men shouted, barging into Hun Cuifen's tent without calling out from outside. "I nee-"

Xia Ling and Shi Men thought their eyes were playing with them to see that Hun Cuifen and Qin Yun had kissed. "Maybe we should come back later." Xia Ling nudged Shi Men for them to leave.

Hun Cuifen's eyes grew wide, standing up from where she was sitting as she went over to the two guests. "What did you both come here for?!" Qin Yun was upset that the two of them showed up; he had let out a sigh and thought about how Cao Peizhi hated it when others bothered him.

"Ling is ill! Can you see what could be wrong with her?!" Shi Men begged Hun Cuifen, who did not think he would be overreacting.

"I'm not dying! I was just feeling nauseous!" Xia Ling argued to him.

"What is all this shouting for?" Chun Yunchen entered into the tent after, looking at the couples there.

"Nothing, it's just one of those common husband's worried heart for their wife. Have her seated here." Hun Cuifen had tapped the chair at the dining table as she sat on the opposite side. Shi Men had Xia Ling sit down; they all stood around while the women sat. "Hold out your hand and lay it here."

Hun Cuifen had laid a thin cloth over Xia Ling's wrist, taking her pulse while waiting to see what has Shi Men in such a worried state. After some time, Hun Cuifen held a smile to know that it was nothing too serious. "Hun Cuifen, how's Ling?" Shi Men didn't know what to expect with a smile on Hun Cuifen's face.

"You don't have to worry. Just be sure to avoid doing too much work now that you are pregnant."

"What???" The four people listening were shocked to hear that from Hun Cuifen.

"Ling, your pregnant!" Shi Men held a smile across his face, carrying her up in his arms with joy. "This is great!"

"Ah!" Xia Ling was surprised since Shi Men had lifted her out of the blue.

"Hey!!! Even doing that much can harm the fetus! Put her back down!" Hun Cuifen lectured the man, who was too excited to think carefully.

"Oh! You have to be sure not to go walking too much!" Shi Men had Xia Ling sit back down as he told her.

"How do you know she's pregnant?" Chun Yunchen asked, going up to them and then glancing at Hun Cuifen.

"I heard that you were a genius. Come, let me show you." Hun Cuifen didn't see any harm in showing Chun Yunchen how the pulse felt. Chun Yunchen went over, sitting down between the two women, and had his hand moved over to feel Xia Ling's pulse. "You can feel a different beat here." Hun Cuifen told the young boy who held a face as if they had just discovered something.

Chun Yunchen had his fingers pressed against Xia Ling's pulse on the wrist, and his face grew with a bothered look. "That's it!" Rushing out of the tent, he had everyone confused.

"Why is he rushing for?" Qin Yun was a little confused about why the boy just ran out of the tent in a hurry. "Is he trying to go and tell the master about it?" He then asked.

"Who knows. It would be good for the master to know ahead of time, though just so that Xia Ling can rest during this time and avoid any missions." Hun Cuifen recommended that Xia Ling not go out and fulfill any missions or duties given.

"What? But I alw-"

"There is no reason for you to go out. I will be the one to support you and our child." Shi Men knelt to come to the same level as Xia Ling, looking at her face. "Don't try and think that I will let you do things alone."

"Ahem!" Qin Yun coughed, looking at the couple still in the tent that he and Hun Cuifen were alone in. Everyone turned their attention to him, wondering what he had to say to them. "If you both are done, then please leave." Qin Yun had the two of them leave the tent.

"You didn't have to kick them out so soon." Hun Cuifen shook her head with a smile while putting away all her things.

"I prefer to spend some time alone with you. Just like how..." Qin Yun then held a saddened face after.

Hun Cuifen knew that Qin Yun felt at fault for Lin Ning, who was taken away by the Second Prince. "You don't have to feel at fault. No one expected anything. We will bring back the young miss at all costs. So, don't feel guilty, okay?" Hun Cuifen laid her hand against his cheek, seeing how he blamed himself for not following Cao Peizhi and Lin Ning that day.

"I know." Qin Yun laid his hand on top of Hun Cuifen's and always convinced himself to keep going on and try to help Cao Peizhi when they had the chance.

***

"Crown Prince! Crown Prince! I know what it was that day!!! Lin Ning is pregnant!!!" Chun Yunchen was told where the Yi Changpu was by one of the soldiers, but he did not think about who else Yi Changpu could be talking to. Facing the Crown Prince was Cao Peizhi and an unknown man he had never seen before.

"What?" Cao Peizhi was confused and bothered by Chun Yunchen's words that he had just heard.

'F*ck!' At this moment, Chun Yunchen wished that he was dead.