Chapter 100

"Hey! Miss!" Shouting out from afar it was Duan Fa walking alongside with Qin Yun, entering the garden to see that Lin Ning held a big belly like they were told from the letter. "Oh, how far along are you?" Duan Fa asked, unsure if Lin Ning was due any time soon since Xia Ling was just as big as Lin Ning.

"Hey, don't ask such a question. It's not nice." Qin Yun smacked Duan Fa on the shoulder.

"Oh, Duan Fa and Qin Yun. I did not think that you both would arrive here. Hehe, no need to feel that it is rude. I am almost eight months now.." Lin Ning could recognize the voice.

"Ah, I knew it! You and Xia Ling are about the same terms." Duan Fa felt proud that he knew that much.

"Xia Ling is pregnant as well???" Lin Ning had never heard about such a matter from anyone.

"Oh, Hun Cuifen never told you?" Duan Fa thought that Hun Cuifen would have told Lin Ning, but they might have been too busy to mention it. "Mhm, Xia Ling is currently eight months as well. She still tries to do things independently, but you know Shi Men. He refuses to let her do things on her own when she is heavily pregnant." Duan Fa did not even know that Xia Ling was pregnant until he saw her after returning to the camp.

"That's good that he loves her. I don't have to worry about her now. How are my parents and Hun Lian?" She then mentioned.

"They are all doing well. I actually paid them a visit before I came here with Qin Yun. You have a new baby brother, and Hun Lian is currently taking care of all three of them, hoping that you will be able to see them soon." (Duan Fa)

Lin Ning kept her smile on her face, hearing that her family was still doing well. "I also hope that I can see them soon, but I am in no condition to travel as of right now." Lin Ning had let out a breath, feeling restless nowadays since she was coming close to her due date while carrying two little bundles of joy. "By the way, why are you both here?" She had to ask.

"Oh you know, our master is worried about you so he had us come and keep an eye on you to make sure that you are safe." Duan Fa said as Qin Yun nodded his head.

"Geez, that man needs to relax a bit. He has other things to take care of and instead he continues to try and take care of me." Lin Ning couldn't help but smile to know that her lover was still trying to make sure that she had a few more people by her side to take care of her.

"You can't exactly change his mind once it's set." Qin Yun then said, giving a look to Hun Cuifen without waiting any longer. "We still need to talk." Going up to Hun Cuifen, he took her by the hand as both walked out from the garden this time.

"Where are they going?" Lin Ning questioned.

"Oh you know, it seems as though they are having some couple issues too." Duan Fa shrugged his shoulders, noticing Su Su who had been observing the entire thing. "Who are they?" He pointed at Su Su.

"This is Su Su. They are one of my trusted maids who helped me a lot when I was stuck in the palace. Su Su, this is Duan Fa. He is one of Cao Peizhi's people and a good friend of mine." Lin Ning introduced the two. Both gave each other a look, knowing that they had to get along at least to please their master since they genuinely did care a lot about them.

***

"Qin Yun? Qin Yun? Wha-"

"How long will we avoid this?" Qin Yun didn't want to keep things like they were friends. It was obvious that there was much more that was occurring between the two of them. Stopping their footsteps, he released her hand as he kept his back turned to her.

"Qin Yun..." Seeing his back turned towards her, she hadn't really thought about where they would stand in this relationship. 'Am I just hurting him?' She thought. Walking up to him, she took one of his hands as Qin Yun had turned around to face her. "I... I have grown up dressing up as a man my whole life to help support my sister and me. I may not even hold the great beauty or ladylike attitude that most seek. I-"

"I don't care about that. I like you for who you are. It doesn't matter if you grew up dressed as a man or don't have any ladylike aspects that you talk about. None of those matter because I fell in love with who you are. What do you think of me?" Qin Yun then asked.

Hun Cuifen was a little startled by the sudden confession, feeling her cheeks turn warm from blushing. Turning to look down at their feet, she bit the top of her lips. "I-I-"

"Look at me when you tell me." Qin Yun then took back his hand and held her chin, making her turn to look up at him in the face. He had an expression that was desperate to know how she felt about him.

"Daisy..."

"Hm?" Qin Yun was confused for a second.

"Daisy..." She said again.

Qin Yun was just about to question when he recalled reading her book that held information about medicine and flowers. 'Daisy means I truly love you.' His eyes grow wide, and then a soft smile grows on his face. Placing a kiss on top of her head soon after to know that was her answer. "Daisy." He said back to her with a smile that held no regret, but happiness.

"Ohhhh, I didn't think that they would be this far along." Su Su said, looking from the side of a tree that they hid from.

"Well, what do you expect from a couple?" Duan Fa gave a look at Su Su, who held a hint of jealousy as if they wished that they had such an experience. "You will get there one day. Just be patient." Duan Fa patted their head as he yawned. "Where shall I set up my sleeping place?"

Lin Ning smiled at them once more, knowing that things were going well for everyone who found someone to take care of each other and have a life with. 'I am glad that things are all going well for everyone. I hope that Peizhi and I can be just the same to be together and grow our family happily.' Lifting her head to face up to the sky when she could not see it. 'I really hope that we can rejoin and always be together.'