Chapter 101

Cao Peizhi was in his room, writing down something on paper as he held a smile to think about what name to give to their child. 'We do not know the gender of the child yet. Hm, I need a name for a girl and a boy.' Holding his head soon after, there was a lot of names that he kept thinking about.

"What are you doing?" Yi Changpu snuck into Cao Peizhi's room, seeing that he was in deep thoughts, holding a pen and a paper that sat in front of him.

"Thinking."

"Tch, boring. What are you trying to write down?" Going over to Cao Peizhi, there was nothing that was written on the paper from what he saw. "I can probably help you."

"You can't help me since I am trying to think of a name for Ning and my child." Cao Peizhi pointed out, keeping his attention on the blank paper.

"Oh, yeah, I can't help you there." Yi Changpu shrugged it off, seeing how having a child would require a good name. "My brother just had his first child. I am the older one, but it seems as though I will take longer to have a child." He then said.

"You don't need to rush in having a child. It will make things harder for you since you are the crown prince." Cao Peizhi replied.

"What about you? I didn't expect you to go that far with Lin Ning and get her pregnant on the first night that you both spent together."

"..." Cao Peizhi could recall that first night like any other day; he remained silent as he didn't want to talk about it with Yi Changpu. "Why did you come here?" He then asked instead.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me. I came here to tell you that the next plan is occurring soon. Chun Yunchen's father is on his way while the second prince's plan comes into play. We have to be prepared." Yi Changpu then held a serious look.

Cao Peizhi did not write anything down; he gave Yi Changpu the same look. 'It seems like I won't be able to send a letter with the names.'

***

"What?!" The empress dropped her cup of tea, staring at Qian Qiang, who had just informed her that her son was looking for Lin Ning once more. "How do you know that he is looking for a dead woman???"

"Mother, I know that he is. I can see that he still tries to think of me as that woman, but I am not. I also had one of my people be in his search group for that woman. They haven't found the location of that woman yet, but there has been one person who believes that they witnessed the maid take the two away in a cart." Qian Qiang told the empress, who was still locked away in the cold palace.

"That maid must have been the mastermind behind all of this!" The empress tightly clutched her hand into a fist. "You have to find that maid and make sure that those people die with her! Don't let any of them remain alive! Make sure that my son does not know about this either!" The empress held more rage with every word that she spat out.

"I understand, mother." Qian Qiang wanted to see if Lin Ning was truly still alive. She could not let a woman from her husband's harem live when she was just a concubine. 'It would be worse if she was carrying his child.' She thought. She heard that her husband had spent a moment with her once, and she feared that he could have done it with her. 'I have to confirm everything for myself. You cannot rely on others to do the job for you.'

***

*Cla-Clink!*

"Hm?" Duan Fa had been resting nearby the garden when he heard something drop down as if it were glass. Taking a look, his eyes shot wide to see that Lin Ning had dropped the cup. Assuming that it could have been Su Su who dropped the cup or so but recalling that Su Su was given another job to do. "Miss?!" Running over, he could see her sweating and tightly clenching her mouth. "Hun Cuifen! Hun Cuifen!" Shouting out, the sound of running footsteps could be heard coming in his direction. Hun Cuifen and Qin Yun ran as soon as they heard Duan Fa shouting from afar.

"Miss!!!" Hun Cuifen immediately shouted at first glance, seeing Duan Fa holding Lin Ning, who was in pain. 'This isn't good. It's still a month too early, but her water already broke.'

"Cuifen... my babies... my babies..." Lin Ning had stretched her hand forth to hold onto Hun Cuifen's sleeve, begging her to help her unborn children.

Duan Fa and Qin Yun gave a look at Hun Cuifen, knowing that she was put in a tough spot. "Take her inside." Hun Cuifen had instructed both men to help her with Lin Ning. Setting Lin Ning inside of her bedchamber, getting warm water soon after as Hun Cuifen had sent the two men out soon after. "Leave the rest to me." Telling them both as she had shut the door behind the two.

"AAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Duan Fa and Qin Yun both trembled from the sudden scream from Lin Ning. Both with no experience whatsoever in women's birth and pregnancy. "Should I go get master?" Duan Fa asked. Qin Yun was in deep thoughts, unsure if it was the best idea to get their master to go there when they were in the next plan. Even Duan Fa knew it was a complicated decision to make if they were just to barge in to tell Cao Peizhi. "I'm going to tell him."

"Wait!"

"A husband deserves to know what is going on with their wife." Duan Fa knew that Qin Yun would stop him when they were both unsure about this decision.

"If we go, then it can alarm the enemy and disrupt the entire plan that they've been working on." Qin Yun pointed out to him.

"Qin Yun! If your woman was pregnant and in this situation, how would you feel if you were not informed about any of this?" Duan Fa was now pointing out Cao Peizhi's situation.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Hearing Lin Ning shouting again from inside the room, it was clear that it was painful. "I am going to tell him, and you can't stop me!" Duan Fa had pushed Qin Yun's hand away as he ran to his horse, hopping on and pulling the reins.

Qin Yun could only wait there since he was the only help, and Su Su had gone in secret to meet his elderly parents. "Let's hope that everything goes well from here." He prayed in his heart.