Chapter 126

Cao Peizhi had taken his children out to see the plum garden where he met Lin Ning for the first time. "Father, this is where you and mother first met?" Cao Yating broke the silence.

"En, your mother was dancing in the plum garden that day after performing in front of a crowd of people. She was gorgeous." Cao Peizhi always spoke lovingly about Lin Ning in front of his children. There was never a day that he didn't tell them about how much he loved her and his children. 'Ning, you were the most beautiful woman in my eyes. There has never been a day that our children ask about you.'

"How did you two start talking?" Cao Anli then spoke out.

"Your mother tripped, and that's when I came in and caught her before she could hit the ground." Cao Peizhi smiled at the memory; it was like love at first sight, he would say.

"Mother was really clumsy then." Cao Anli decided to say out; he would have never thought their mother would be one to trip that easily. 'Was it really mother that tripped or was it, father? I can't seem to believe that mother would be one to trip.' He compared what his father told them while trying to imagine their mother right now as someone clumsy. 'I still can see her being clumsy.'

Cao Yating stopped her footsteps and held a big smile at that moment. "Mother!" She shouted, sensing the motherly warmth once more that was in the plum garden.

Cao Peizhi turned his attention to see a woman who held the exact same look as Lin Ning and wearing a blindfold. His heart started to beat tremendously with the hope that this was not some illusion that was playing with him. "Ning..." Noticing her dance like the first time they met, he saw her stop. Her figure looked weak and close to fainting. The woman had then tripped on the tree's root; he had to release the two of his children's hands to catch her. Jumping over to her, he caught her in his arms and stared down at the woman he had longed for. "Ning..."

The woman faced him, stretching her hand to lay on his cheek. "W-Who are you?" He heard the woman say.

"Cao Peizhi. Your Peizhi." He could feel the tears that seeped out, forgetting the last time that he had shed tears. He didn't know if the heavens were really on his side, but he didn't want this to be a dream or illusion. Realizing that the woman had fainted, he grew with fear in his heart. "Ning?! Ning?!"

"Mother!"

Hearing his two children call out, he carried Lin Ning and then noticed the things that were left-leaning up against one of the trees. "Anli, take those things with us." Cao Peizhi had his son do as he said, carrying Lin Ning to a carriage and taken back to their home and into his bed-chamber. He summoned a physician at the same time to see them in private without saying a single thing to the emperor and empress other than mentioning that they had left the banquet.

The physician arrived to see Cao Peizhi standing near the woman on the bed. "She is the patient?" He asked.

"You cannot speak about this to anyone. Make sure that she isn't hurt anywhere or else." Cao Peizhi threatened him.

The physician shook, bowing; he then went over to the woman to examine what her condition was. The three figures left the room, waiting for the physician. "Father, is mother okay?" Cao Yating tugged into his hand, holding worry all over her face.

"Did mother fall and get badly hurt?" (Cao Anli)

Cao Peizhi knelt, patting Cao Yating and Cao Anli on the head. "En, your mother is going to be okay."

Cao Anli still held the bag when a thud sound fell from it, which caused the three to take a look. Staring down, Cao Peizhi took hold of it and saw that it was the jade pendant that he had given Lin Ning long ago. 'This is my Lin Ning. My Lin Ning.' He felt clear that this was indeed his Lin Ning that he had been seeking.

The physician finished the check-up and arrived to tell Cao Peizhi about what he found. "It seems as though she suffers from amnesia."

"Amnesia?" Cao Peizhi turned his attention to the physician who had finished their diagnosis.

"En, it seems as though there are some signs of amnesia, and from what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be any injuries that she has other than a scar on her side."

"A scar?" (Cao Peizhi)

"Mhm, the scar seems to have long healed, so it should be fine. The cause of the scar was made by none other than a sword." The physician explained.

Cao Peizhi didn't think that Lin Ning had to suffer through all of that. He knew she would have suffered all those injuries when she fell off the cliff. Allowing the physician to leave, he summoned all his servants and maids to know he had a madam. His two children had gone into the room where Lin Ning was resting. "All of you have a madam now." All of them were surprised to hear that come from Cao Peizhi. "I do not wish for any of you to talk about it or let anyone know, or else there will be severe punishment, understand?"

"Yes!"

Cao Peizhi could see Tai Yuqing and Su Su's expressions; they wanted to know who the madam was. Signaling them to follow, they did and entered the room to become shocked in the end. "Miss!!!!" Su Su was in tears now, kneeling at the edge of the bed to see that Lin Ning was alive and sleeping in the bed.

"She won't have any recollection of any of us." Cao Peizhi was upset, knowing Lin Ning would wake up not knowing anyone there.

"No recollection?" (Tai Yuqing)

Nodding his head, Cao Peizhi didn't want to believe the physician, but it would explain why she suddenly fainted in the plum garden. 'She must have recalled that time.' He furrowed his eyebrows, pondering about that time. 'Is she possibly the woman tha-'

"Ouch!" Lin Ning woke up, holding her head that felt like it was splitting in two. "Where am I?" Lin Ning couldn't feel her blindfold and moved her hands around to see if it was near her.

"Mother!!!!" Cao Yating and Cao Anli shouted, hugging Lin Ning, who knew the voices, while facing down them.

"Why are you both here??? Where am I???" She didn't know where she was, facing the children in front of her. 'Why am I here?! Did I get captured?! Am I in some kind of prison?!'

"Mother came back home!!! Father missed you a lot!!!" (Cao Yating)

"En!!! Mother can now eat and play with us!!!" (Cao Anli)

"Eh?" Slightly opening her eyes, she could sense the other three people in the room, but they held sadness. "Who are you all?"