Chapter 10: Signs of Friendship

almost caught up with the recent chapters on quotev, so expect delays/wait times when it does 

Having to witness crazy shit and sometimes do some pesky missions since coming to Tokyo, it felt off whenever you sat in class while Gojo tried to lecture. You already knew most of this because it came quickly to you and was a byproduct of studying. You think anyone who didn't know about curses and cursed energy would much rather learn the history behind it rather than the average information they'd newly learned over the years.

That's why it was almost painful to watch Yuji try to focus.

It had been half an hour, and the guy had taken down two strings of words. Two notes.

One read: Early history of cursed techniques.

The second one read: Basic theory of seals

Actually—those might be headings he put down.

You think Kugisaki at least jotted down something in her notebook.

Now he was making a face.

Okay, this dude was not listening anymore.

Right then.

You should ...tune back to what Gojo was saying...

...

....

.....

"...You're taking notes?"

You grunted quietly as Gojo drew some kanji on the board to demonstrate the more common seal types used in modern jujutsu. You remember that from the last class, so you didn't need to write it down.

"Yeah," you whispered back to Megumi, scooting a little forward to reach your desk better.

Megumi stared for a few more seconds, no doubt confused, but turned his attention back to Gojo going on a tangent about one of his past missions.

It was too painful to watch Yuji not get any of this, so you'd have to help him out in the end. You remember struggling in your old school to secure a spot in the top 50. Sorcery just came naturally to you, so it wouldn't cost you much to write down some notes to pass on to him later.

Before you knew it, you were a little more than two pages, front and back, of notes when Gojo decided to end class. His lectures weren't like typical ones you would have with professors back home, and they weren't very long either. He was more of a practical teacher, in a sense. Now that you thought about it, the whole school was like that. Most of the time, you just had training or got assigned missions.

Your first mission was with Megumi, and only recently had you started to go on solo missions once Gojo deemed you prepared enough. And you thought you would have done another solo mission, but...

"—And [Name] with Nobara."

Kugisaki glanced at you, a hand on her hip and waiting for further instruction from Gojo.

You hoped she didn't tear into you once you were off.

"...So, the assignment is just to eliminate the curses from the area?" You reiterated, mumbling. "Simple enough."

"Mhm," Gojo hummed back, smiling. "And you can report back once you're done. So which location do you want to go to?"

You thought for a few seconds, about to turn to look at Kugisaki for her opinion before she declared your pick.

"We'll take the hotel."

"Alright."

You weren't upset by her choice, sort of indifferent to it. A job was a job, and it's not like you could pick the ones you wanted to do at almost any time.