FF Extras: Just Dance Night

"What is this..." you muttered to yourself as you opened the box. "They didn't tell me they'd be sending anything..."

"Oh, you got mail, [Name]?" Yuji asked, bringing his attention to you from the couch.

It was about four hours after you had all finished your evening meal and went about the rest of your day. You and the boys changed into more comfortable wear and lounged about the dorms. The male dormitory had a common room that was sizable enough to host five people, but it was just you, Yuji, and Fushiguro.

You heard that Inumaki and Panda had gone on their extra-long assignments like Maki did, so it was just the three of you occupying the building for now.

"Yeah," you scratched the back of your neck, still slightly damp from your bath some minutes ago. "I just went to check if Ellena sent anything back yet, but I found a package from my parents instead."

"You know what it is?" He asked curiously, watching you open the sizable box.

You shook your head no, and the two of you silently waited for you to remove the crumbled newspaper to see the package's core content.

And it was a surprise.

"My old Wii?" You took the black console out, rummaging inside the box for more stuff.

"A Wii!" Yuji scrambled to help you out, which you didn't mind. You watched him pull out two remotes, which you distinctly remember using with Ellena when you were younger. "These things are ancient!"

"What?" You grunted, your hand finding a plastic disk box to pull out. "It's not ancient. It only came out like..."

2006...

Well, it might have come out a while ago, but compared to the last time you touched it, that was seven or eight years ago.

You grimaced at the thought, refusing to acknowledge Yuji's comment further, and pulled out the rest of your mail.

It ended up being your Wii system, four games, and three remotes. You only remembered having two; one was new, considering it still came inside its unopened packaging. Your parents must have gone out and bought an extra.

Yuji excitedly looked through the game boxes with a grin. "Woah, it's that dancing game! Look, Fushiguro! We can all play!"

The response from Fushiguro was immediate.

"What—no. I'm not playing that," squinted at the cover of the game he was presented with.

The pink-haired teen wasn't ready to give up, however.

"Come on!" Fushiguro grimaced as he was physically cornered into the edge of the couch, "It'll be fun!"

He looked unsure of the idea, so you tried to compromise between the two.

"You can play a few rounds, and then I'll switch in when you get tired," you said, opening the new Wii-mote. "Why don't you go grab Kugisaki, Yuji?"

He grinned at your plan, saying, "Way ahead of you!" and darting off to grab your other player.

That left you with just Fushiguro, who silently watched you set up the Wii next to the medium-sized plasma in the room.

"I still don't know about this..." he mumbled when you finished connecting all the wires. "I don't..."

You glanced back, having empathy for the guy.

"You don't need to play," you told him, turning on the television. "But...don't you think it'll be fun to play with them?"

He seemed to stew in the idea but couldn't respond due to Yuji and Kugisaki running to the ajar door, sliding it wide open.

"Let's get dancing!" The two cheered.

"Okay—hold on, let me just actually set the game up—"

You didn't know if it was your words or his violation, but Fushiguro joined your little dance night.