Thirty-Three: Let's Perform! [1]

A/n:  Sorry for the delay and also happy 3k reads(灬^v^灬)♡!

----

Every space in the arena was used up to the point where even the staircases were crowded. Every student at Starlight Magic Academy appeared to be present in the sizable Arena, which was close to the oval.

Marvin, who was spotted at the center of the field, was holding a microphone and appeared to be in only a gray sweatshirt and sweatpants with a lab coat over it.

He could see the Section A student sitting behind him. The day had come when they were supposed to carry out Marvin's instructions. Perform what Marvin had assigned them.

"Wasn't this just supposed to be a class performance task? Why the hell does it feel like we're going to have a tournament of some sort? I feel like we're turning into some sort of entertainment attraction."

Remus grumbled as he scanned the youngsters seated in the bleachers above, his gaze straying.

A boy wearing round glasses remarked, "Oh you know how professor Marvin is, he likes to be extra. Moreover, something similar occurred last year."

"Really?"

"You didn't know?"

Rei interjected while munching on a bag of chips, "He was in bed, unwell for days that he couldn't come and see the same event last year, and we didn't even bother to bring it up."

"Why in the world are you butting in?"

"Why in the world are you being snappy?" Rei said, rolling her eyes at Remus, "I'm not even talking to you, ugh." She grumbled, then, she smiled at the black-haired lad wearing spectacles and said, "right Xavier?"

The young man with dark hair, Xavier, simply nodded absentmindedly as he averted his eyes in alarm.

"Welcome, educators and students! I'm not really good at being a host, so let's just start this performance challenge of section A," Marvin remarked aloud, followed by an obnoxious ringing of the microphone.

Marvin signed someone to hand him the box that had been sitting at the corner. It was a regular squared sized box, but inside were names of his students, which he would pick in shuffle.

He had begun to insert his hand into the hole and shuffle the papers inside before taking one long folded paper. Before he could even open it, he opened his mouth again.

"Ah right, I forgot that there will be a puppet who will be joining us."

Unexpectedly, a puppet emerged from the other side. Zelde was manipulating a wooden doll that advanced in the center of the arena along with Marvin.

Marvin was immediately drawn to the murmuring coming from the section A students.

Marvin reassured the pupils, "Don't worry, you guys don't need to worry about breaking this doll, Zelde can always build another spare," and then cast a teasing wink towards Zelde.

Zelde, on the other hand, simply gave him a resigned look while visibly concealing his annoyance from his companion.

"Alright, first up!"

When he shouted, the crowd fell silent and an eerie feeling enveloped the arena along with excitement.

Marvin slowly started to unroll the paper in his hands.

While they were actually in a panic, the other students thought the class below was terrifying and had an unwavering sense of self-confidence. But in reality the section A student was praying that their name wouldn't be called first.