willie Part 6

I skated back home. I didn't know where I had just come from, but I assumed it was from the skatepark down the road from my house. Orange and red streaked the sky with the sunset. I had lost track of time, and my mum hated it when I was out after dark, so I had to rush home, plus, I was hungry. The street was empty, not a single car in sight, but for some reason, my heart was pounding, as if I already knew what was going to happen. But I didn't-couldn't stop. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a van pass me, driving dangerously close to the edge of the road, and to me. I swerved to avoid getting run over, onto the gravel next to the road, making me fall off in the process.

"What the hell!" I grumbled under my breath as I started getting up. The van pulled over. At least they had the decency to see if I was okay. Two men got out of the van.

"I'm all good!" I called to them. They didn't stop advancing towards me. I frowned, backing away from them a bit. They grabbed my arms and started dragging me off. I thrashed, somehow managing to wriggle free. I dropped to the floor. The guys tried to grab me again, but I was too quick, getting up and bolting. Unluckily for me, these guys were fast. They caught up to me... just. They couldn't grab me, so instead they pushed me to the ground. My head hit the gravel and I heard my helmet crack. It had protected me from most head injuries, but my brain spun, and I couldn't see straight, the dizziness fogging up my mind as the guys grabbed me again.

I sat up, breathing heavily. It was pitch black and it took me a moment to figure out where I was. My eyes adjusted and I saw a sleeping Alex next to me. I poofed down to the floor of the garage. I smiled as I saw Luke on the couch, Reggie sleeping soundly on his chest. I guess this meant that Reggie's memories were slowly coming back, or maybe Luke told him. My heart still raced after my dream-no... nightmare. My mind replayed the nightmare over and over. What was going on, first I froze up on my way back from my mums, and now this dream? I had a weird feeling that I was being watched, and I looked up at the windows on the garage doors. I could only just make out a face in the window. I walked closer to the door. The figure noticed and backed away from the window quickly. I ran through the door in an attempt to catch them.

"Hey! Who are you?" I called, forgetting the others were asleep. suddenly there was a tug in my gut, and I couldn't move. I knew exactly who was watching us sleep. Once they were long gone, I unfroze, and I dropped to the ground, not expecting the freedom.

"Willie! I heard you yell out. Are you okay? What happened?" Alex asked. He helped me up.

"Caleb was watching us sleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I went after him, and I froze. No one can control me like that, except for him."

"that's the second time today! Are you okay?"

"He didn't even confront me, he just ran. That's so unlike him..." I trailed off. We made our way inside.

"Did I wake Reggie and Luke up?"

"Nah, they're heavy sleepers."

"Good. I didn't meant to wake you up."

"We should wake them though, tell them what happened." Alex started. I shook my head.

"No, let them sleep. We can tell them in the morning."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." We went back up to the loft and laid down.it was quiet for a bit, before Alex spoke up again.

"Are you still awake?" he asked

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I have a question. How did you see Caleb in the window if you were asleep?"

"I don't know." I lied. I don't know why, but I didn't want to tell him about my dream. "Maybe my body sensed he was near or something."

"Oh, ok. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I pretended to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I knew it was just a dream, but it had felt so real...