reggie Part 8

it has been so long since my last update.(like, since Christmas) im so sorry.

I woke up in the garage for the second morning in a row. I may not remember the place, but it was comfy, that's for sure. It took me a moment to realise Luke was playing his guitar quietly.

"Morning." I called to him. He looked up.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"No, you didn't."

"Okay." The garage doors open, and Julie walked in, followed by Flynn.

"Is Alex awake? I have band news." Julie asked nervously. Suddenly, Alex popped his head up, and he and Willie sat at the edge of the loft, the legs dangling in the air.

"Yeah, I'm up."

"Julie, why are you even thinking of the band!" Luke demanded.

"I wasn't! But – "

"Woah, woah, woah, I am so confused right now, what is going on?" Flynn asked.

"I'll fill you in later. Maybe you can convince dad to cancel? We can't perform without Reggie. Luke glared at Julie.

"You booked a gig!" He shouted.

"My dad did! For tonight!" She corrected him.

"We can't play, not with Reggie like this."

"I know! I told him I couldn't play, but he already booked it, and wants to know why we can't play! I can't tell him!"

"I know, but – "

"Guys, I'm right here! What's going on?" I demanded.

"So, after we died, we came back 25 years later, and Julie could see us. We found out whenever we played music, everyone could hear us, but when we play with Julie, everyone could see us as well, until we stopped playing. We started a band, and Julie's dad wants us to play a gig tonight, but we can't." Alex filled me in.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because we need you to play bass."

"Okay and?" I started getting annoyed, "I'm still me, I'm not dead." I paused for a moment. "Okay, I'm not gone. I'm fully capable of playing bass, just show me a song, I'm a fast learner." I stood up and grabbed my red bass off its stand.

"Are you sure?" Alex asked. I nodded, looking up at him. Alex looked at Luke, who was looking as though he wanted to protest.

"Luke, I'm not a little kid, just cause I don't Remember, doesn't mean I'm broken." Luke looked at Alex.

"If he says he can do it, let's do it." Alex agreed with me. Luke sighed.

"Okay, let's get to work."

we spent the day going through songs. Turns out, the songs we were playing, I didn't need to practice them. I had no clue what the songs were, but as soon as the other started playing, my hands synced to the music, and I subconsciously knew what to do. We played songs called finally free, bright and flying solo. Beautiful songs and super catchy. Luke and Julie were good writers... wait.

"Luke, Julie, you wrote these songs, didn't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Luke asked not looking up as he tweaked one of the tuning pegs on his electric guitar.

"I remembered... Sort of. It was a thought, about how you guys are good writers." Luke and Julie looked each other awkwardly. Luke broke eye contact, grinning at me.

"You remembered something! Sure, it was small, but like I said that all the memories will be sad!"

"Yeah, it wasn't really a  memory, more of a thought."