special chapter part 7 (calebs POV)

it doesn't really sound like him, but I got writers block when I wrote the draft and I could write him right and keep the story going so... yeah soz.

I sat at my office, clutching the birthday card in my hands. I felt bad for taking it, and I most certainly couldn't give it back to him normally. Not after I threatened to destroy him. I almost did, but something stopped me, made me hesitate. I gave him time to run. I didn't chase after him immediately either. at that moment I didn't know why, but now I did...

I wandered around the street, people completely ignoring my existence. I passed an old castle-looking hotel. it had been around for ages, and was closed down, it had been for quite a few years. I didn't know why, but something about the place drew me in. I had the urge to go in, besides I was a ghost, it's not like I could get caught. As I got closer to the door, I heard faint music in the abandoned building. Or maybe not-so abandoned. I walked through the door, and stood there, shocked. There were hundreds of people here.

"This place is shut down! What is going on?" I muttered. Almost immediately, a man in a dark purple cloak appeared in front of me.

"Welcome to the Hollywood ghost club!" he greeted.

"isn't this place shut down?" I asked.

"For the living it is, but for ghosts, it's the most popular place in the area for performances, shows, parties and gourmet foods- "

"Ghosts can't eat. believe me, I've tried."

"Here you can. Its free and all ghosts are welcome."

I spent hours there, watching different performers, trying the food, before deciding to spend a few nights there. A few nights turned into a few weeks, which turned into a whole month. I had begun to get interested in the management system, and all the behind the scenes of the club. The guy in the cloak turned out to be the owner of the club. He showed me the ropes and the system, as well as explaining the history of the hotel.

"This place has a certain energy. Can you feel it? It puts people in a good mood and relaxes people."

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Well not only does it do that, it also gives the caretaker incredible power." He added. "And it needs to be taken seriously and used responsibly." I shook my head.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because, a caretaker runs the club for exactly 24 years, then, it needs to be passed on to someone else. The old caretaker gets to crossover, as long as someone takes their place as caretaker. Its easier than trying to figure out your unfinished business."

"And?"

"And you have taken quite an interest in the club and how it runs. I approaching my crossover date, and thought you would be a perfect fit for the position. It is a full time job, and you wont be able to take care of too many personal things, but It is such a nice atmosphere to manage. Its your decision, of course. I'll ease you into running the place by yourself if you say yes." I shrugged. I was a former magician, this wasn't the weirdest thing I have accepted.

"Sure, let's do it."

"you'll need this." The caretaker smiled, giving me his purple cloak. We got started at once, and by the time he crossed over, I had it all under control. I tried to make it easier. Limiting guests, etc., because I wanted to go out and give my son a birthday card, but I still didn't have time, so I sent ghosts to do it. That became the new way of delivering my cards. The club started losing its bright energy, and it became a bit more controlled, but the power got to my head, and soon, threats of other ghosts overpowering me spread around. So, I dealt with them, taking their souls.