willie part 11

It had been a week since Caleb's confrontation with me. Reggie's memory was coming back faster, and the band had another gig booked tomorrow. I sat on the couch, watching the band rehearse. Reggie and Luke were sharing a mic, Julie was on the keyboard with her own mic, and Alex was behind them on his drums. I looked down and toyed with my helmet, feeling Alex's eyes on me. Since I had come back from the Caleb run in, I had started distancing myself from the group, especially from Alex. I didn't want to hurt him, but I was terrified. If they found out my father was Caleb, I don't know how they react. Would they kick me out?

"Willie are you okay?" Alex asked, suddenly next to me. I jumped. I had been so lost in thought, I hadn't noticed the band had stopped.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie. I knew Alex could tell. I stood up.

"It was really good guys. I'm gonna head out for a quick skate." I told the four. Put my helmet on my head as I started to walk out.as I put my hands down, my finger grazed the crack in my helmet. For some reason, the nightmare from a week ago flashed in my mind getting run off my skateboard, the guys coming after me, my helmet cracking as I fell. I falter, no longer wanting to go for a skate. I take my helmet off shakily.

"Actually, I'm gonna stay." I mumble. I don't know why the helmet crack brought the nightmare up in my mind. It wasn't real. My helmet cracked when I died in the accident... I put my helmet on the floor.

"Willie, your acting weird, what's going on?" Alex asked, reaching out for my hand.

"I'm fine," I tell him, pulling my hand away gingerly. Alex's face fell, and I felt a pang of guilt. I didn't want to lie to him, but what else was I supposed to do?

 sorry this chapter is so short. I have quite a few short chapters upcoming, but this is the first of the last nine chapters to conclude the story.  I am currently handwriting part 15 of 19, but wanted to upload something before I continue drafting the final chapters.  anyway hope you enjoy😁