reggie Part 12

Later that day I was watching ray make spaghetti for dinner. I was feeling more like myself, as my memories had resurfaced more since the gig last week. although the band was slowly returning back to normal, I could still feel the tension between Julie and the guys. Almost as if on cue, Julie comes downstairs, she saw me and froze, before running back upstairs. I hadn't actually spoken to Julie one-on-one about what happened. Maybe it was time. I stand up and run after her, standing at her doorway as she sits on her bed.

"Can I come in Jules?"

"Sure, Reggie," she responded. I sat down next to her.

"Maybe we should talk?" I began. Julie nodded.

"Yeah, we should. Reggie I'm sorry about what I did. I wasn't thinking, and he promised to give me my mum. I know that doesn't excuse it, and you tried to warn me. I'm so sorry."

"What happened, happened. I'm fine now. " I shrugged. "I know the guys aren't too happy still, especially Luke, but they're calming down slowly. Just be patient, okay?" she's silent for a moment before she spoke again.

"Do you even remember the evening Caleb took you? Or did the guys just tell you."

"I remember. I came in to see if you were okay. Caleb was in your closet." I said matter-of-factly. Julie nodded, her eyes tearing up.

"Reggie how can you not hate me?" she whispers.

"I know you weren't thinking straight, and Caleb manipulated you it wasn't entirely your fault." Julie didn't respond, taking little comfort. I sighed.

"You know you're not the only one, I almost fell for his manipulation too. I think all of us did."

"What? When?"

"Just before the Orpheum when Caleb forced us to play. He found our weak spots and offered them to us. I don't exactly know how the others felt, but for a solid minute..." I sighed, ashamed of what I was about to tell her. "I knew that if we joined, we couldn't see you, but that would mean I had a chance with Luke..."

"Oh..."

"But I didn't want to be Caleb's puppet, and it was selfish of me to think like that. Either way, moral of the story is, we've all been manipulated by Caleb, so it would be hypocritical to hate you for it."

"I guess..." she was quiet for a second. Before hugging me. "Thanks reg."

here's another part!! I have two other typed chapters that I will publish maybe in a few hours, plus I think two or three other untyped chapters that I will try and get done.