Willie Part 9

People trickled out of the venue, but I sat on one of the empty chairs, clutching the missing card in my hand. During the performance, I had seen the card pressed against the window.

I grabbed at it anxiously and scanned the room. I looked down at the card, a big 32 and continued watching Alex. Caleb was here, and he was taunting me. I almost didn't notice when the guys poofed offstage, appearing next to me.

"you guys were awesome!" I laughed, tucking the card away in my hoodie pocket. I didn't want Alex to worry, but there was a tight knot in my stomach.

"we're gonna head back to the studio, you coming?" Alex asked.

"you guys go, I'll meet you there." I told them. After they left, I saw Caleb standing a few meters away. I clenched my fists; he was driving me crazy.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" I yelled at him. He held his hands up in surrender.

"William I- "

"it's willie!" I shouted.

"I just want to talk." He said calmly.

"No! I call bull! Did you just want to talk when I brought the guys to the club for the first time? When you cursed them? Did you just want to talk when you took Reggie, wiped his memories, then tried to kill me? No! I'm done, leave me, and the band, not yours, alone!" I shot back. When I had first joined the club, it had still been a decent place, and some of the older ghosts would tell me stories of the Hollywood ghost club in all its glory, before Caleb took over. Now it's pure evil, where everyone was controlled.

"William, this is important!"

"it's willie!" I repeated. Caleb seemed...off. I wasn't going to stand around, having a nice chat over tea with the guy long enough to find out. I turned around and began to walk away.

"William!" he pleaded. I ignored him. I kept on wondering though, why wasn't he just forcing me to stay? He grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go!" I yelled, fighting against him. He let me go.

"Please... willie," he pleaded, "hear me out." I stared at him, curiosity finally taking over. I didn't run.

"Can I talk?" Caleb asked. I stared him down.

"Depends on if we're 'talking' or if we're actually having a conversation." I crossed my arms.

"I actually want talk."

"Fine, five minutes. That's it. Then I never see you again." I didn't want to listen, but I was too curious. Was he going to try and justify what he did, or was it actually worth my time? It was probably the first. He pointed at the card, sticking out of my pocket.

"You said your dad gave that to you?" I pulled it out.

"Yeah, so?"

"Well, I sent that card to my son this year."

"What?"

"I think...I think you're my son."

"you're crazy, there is no way that- "

"Your parents divorced when you were three, because you're fathers career got in the way. Your dad tried to gain joint custody, but all he got was a restraining order. You never saw him again, and the only communication you had with him was the card that he sent you every holiday without fail."

"No, you're pulling stuff from my head!" I argued. Caleb went on.

After you're father died, the cards kept appearing, btu you never saw him."

"Stop lying! You're making this all up to get me back to you're stupid club!"

"I'm not."

"I'm leaving! This was a complete waste of time!" I poofed out, appearing in the garage. Everyone was there, minus Julie. They looked at me.

"Willie! Are you okay, you look angry. What happened?" Alex asked, stepping forward. Luke looked down.

"Where did you get that?" Luke demanded cautiously. I mentally kicked myself. Of course, me with the card would look suspicious, last time someone they knew wanted something back, Caleb kidnapped Reggie.

"It was Caleb, he stuck it on the window while you were performing. I looked around, but he wasn't there," I lied. "he's driving me crazy." That was the truth at least. They fell for it, and we got ready for bed. I laid down next to Alex. He seemed asleep. I pulled out the card, Caleb's words in my head.

"I think... I think you're my son." I was broken from my thoughts, when I heard Alex inhale slightly.

"I know you were lying." He muttered under his breath. My chest tightened. "I don't know what about, but please be safe. Don't go looking for him, he's bad luck."

"I know."

"I'm not going to push you to tell me what actually happened, I trust you, you can tell me when you feel ready." He murmured "goodnight."

"Goodnight." I repeated. I wanted to cry. What did I do to deserve such a caring boyfriend. Could I really be Caleb's son? What would Alex think?