reggie: part 10

I am so sorry about how long this chapter took 😭

I tossed and turned on the old couch, still thinking of the memory I had onstage. not knowing was so frustrating. were there more moments where Luke and I performed together, and sparks flew? I poofed out, needing room to breathe. I appeared in a building. it looked like a museum. Alex said screaming in museums were fun... I smiled softly. I was remembering, but it was so slow... I didn't yell, like Alex said, but I sat up against a wall. the concrete floor was cool and soothing, and I quickly dozed off.

{       I sat agains a wall in a bedroom. my bedroom. the walls were thin, so I could hear a pair of people arguing from the other room. my parents? 

"he's turning sixteen! we need to get him something!" I heard the woman say.  Luke said I died when I was seventeen, so this would be a year or so before? 

"with what money?" the man yelled back. 

" we have to!" the woman snapped.  I stepped out of my room.  my parents froze.

"reggie, you should be in bed." my mum said.

"you guys don't have to get me anything." I tell them. "I know money is tight." then, I turned and close the door behind me.

"see, he isn't expecting anything." my dad said, lowering his voice.

"he's still a child. he shouldn't be used to us letting him down-" I pulled away from my door and flopped down on my bed, falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning with a note on the end of my bed, my window door open. I chuckled and shook my head. Luke always left my window open.  I read the note 'come to the studio before school.'  I got out of bed and got changed, walking out of my room. my parents were nowhere to be seen. I sighed.  they were probably at work. I told them I didn't want anything, but the least they could've done was take the day off and spend the day with me. as soon as I thought  this, I felt guilty. I was being selfish. they couldn't afford a day off. money was tight enough as it was. I opened the front door and then grabbed my bike and rode off  towards the studio. when I got there, the studio was open, but the room was empty.

"hello?" I ask suddenly my three bandmates jumped out of hiding. Alex, Luke and another boy our age.  I knew him, I just couldn't pace his name...  I covered my face, embarrassed.

"guysss..."  I whined.

"we know, you didn't want us to do anything but we-" the unnamed boy coughed meaningfully. Luke rolled his eyes. "-I didn't wanna listen. we all got you something. bobbly will go first." the unnamed boy- bobby, stepped forward. he handed me a bag of guitar picks. each of them were hand painted/designed. 

"woahh... these are awesome bobby!" I grin. Alex got me a stack of clothes. on top was a red and black flannel. 

"they're second hand, but I saw the flannel and I knew you've wanted one."

"Alex, these are so good! ill be the best dressed kid at school!" I joke.  we all laughed, then Luke ran to behind the couch, dragging something from behind the couch...      }

I woke with a start. sun streamed in the windows of the museum.  I held the dream/memory in my mind as I poofed back to the garage. Luke was just storming out, and he knocked into me. we both fell to the floor.

"reggie!" he gasped in relief. "where did you go?"

I shrug. "I don't know where. but im back. sorry if I scared you."

I have run out of my pre written chapters that I had in my writing folder. I will try and write some more soon, but I have exams and essays due ATM  at school, so it might delay. anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter.