AJAX

MORE THAN THAT !
ajax petropolus x reader

You were just trying to be nice. You didn't know how you ended up like this. One minute, you're trying to have a conversation with Bianca and the next? You're crying under the Edgar Allan Poe statue.

It's always been like this, you thought. People would always mistake your kindness for something else — most would either take advantage of it or make fun of it. Today was your last straw.

You had had enough of the vampire boys and the siren girls constantly torturing your mind; it was getting exhausting. And for once, you finally broke down today.

You were never the one to run away from a fight but today was different. You actually ran away from them. From their constant remarks. Today, you finally let the tears fall and you finally freed your emotions — the emotions you'd been trying to bottle up for so long.

Ironic, wasn't it? Being treated as an outcast in a school that was made for outcasts.

It hurt. The constant insults and slandering of you behind your back; you never truly knew how anyone ever felt about you. When was the last time you ever had someone to call your friend? You couldn't even remember.

Well, one person did come into mind: Ajax Petropolus.

From your first day at Nevermore, he'd been the only person who'd shown you any type of kindness. Hell, he was the only person who didn't treat you like the rest.

With Ajax, you felt at peace. You felt like you could talk to him about anything and everything without the fear of ever being ridiculed. You trusted him very much.

The sound of boots clicking across the dirty marble floor caused you to jump and quickly wipe off all the tears that streamed down your face. You tried to prevent the tears from falling but were unsuccessful. You didn't want anyone to see you like this — crying.

The sounds started to get louder, they were nearing towards you. In a panic, you aggressively cleaned your face and attempted to make yourself look presentable.

'Knew I'd find you here!' The person spoke, their voice was raspy yet comforting — it was Ajax. The only person you wanted to see right now.

You weakly smiled at him and gave him a small wave as if to distract from the fact that you have been crying. Yet your attempts were futile once Ajax noticed. He cursed as he walked over to you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

'Were you crying?' He asked, turning to look at your face which has really noticeable tears stains; 'wait — that's a stupid question. I mean, how are you feeling?'

You chuckled at the first part of his statement — he really knew how to cheer you up or atleast, make you forget about your problems.

'I'm better now,' you slowly told him as he traced his fingers across your arm. 'That's great — who made you cry? Maybe I can stone them,' he suggested.

'Oh y'know — the same old people, nothing to worry about.'
'They fought with you? Again?'
'Yes but it's no big deal, it happens all the time.'

Ajax turned to look at you, he had a stern expression on his face. 'No big deal? C'mon, Y/N, they've been doing this since you arrived here and—' 'and that's why I'm used to it,' you stated, 'trust me, it's nothing.' He sighed, 'well, if you say so.'

You both sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's presence. Your tears had stopped falling a long time ago — the entire situation had been forgotten; you just wanted to be with him right now.

'Hey, listen...' Ajax began, grabbing your attention, 'don't listen to them, they're wrong about everything they've ever said to you.'
You removed yourself from his embrace and sat up, looking at him bewildered. 'What do you mean?' you questioned.

'Well, they make fun of your looks and mock your personality but they're all wrong,' he continued, 'you're beautiful and you're not annoying at all — far from it. You're the best thing to have happened to me.'

The ends of your lips slowly curved into a small smile, 'thanks,' you managed to respond. He turned his head to face you, 'I really mean it,' he stated as one of his hand gently touched your face and wiped off a tear that you didn't know had escaped your eyes.

You both stared into each other's eyes for a while until Ajax finally closed the gap between you two. You slowly shut your eyes tight as you kissed him back.