AJAX

BROKEN HEARTED

ajax petropolus x fem!reader

Having a crush on Ajax was interesting, to say the least. For instance, nearly everyone at Nevermore knew how you were head-over-heels for the gorgon — even Ajax himself; that resulted in you both being relentlessly teased by all the students.

However, even after all that, you never truly confessed your feelings to him. He did know you liked him but never gave it much thought; he usually just brushed it off and considered everything as rumours or just jokes since you never really confirmed it to him.

But today, you had decided that you were finally going to confess your feelings to him.

You were currently sitting in your dorm room, accompanied by Wednesday and Xavier, exposing them your elaborate idea to confess to him.

Xavier was intently listening to what you had planned whereas Wednesday kept offering suggestions and other comments.

'If he breaks your heart, I'll be sure to stomp on his real one,' the black haired girl said while you chuckled.

After a couple of moments discussing your plan, you decided to go to his dorm room and confess to him. Xavier guided you to his dorm while Wednesday followed you for "support" ( as she had said. )

'Right, here you go!' Xavier announced as he pointed to the door in-front of you; he also snapped you out of your thoughts. 'Good luck!' 'Remember Abeeha, if he hurts you, Thing is ready to attack him,' Wednesday added while you managed to give her a weak smile: 'it'll be fine.'

You knocked on his door a couple of times while attempting to twist his door knob. Luckily for you, it was open. You opened the door slightly and peered in, calling out Ajax's name. However, your actions immediately came to a halt when you saw the sight in-front of you:

Ajax and Enid were sitting on his bed with their arms around eachother — Enid's arms were around his neck while Ajax's hands travelled all around the blonde's body. They were kissing making out.

You were horrified at the sight you saw. Not only because your crush was with someone that wasn't you but also because the person he was with was your friend, one of your closest friends.

Hot tears were threading to spill from your eyes and your entire body was vibrating, screaming at you to leave, run away but you couldn't. You couldn't move at all.

Consequently, the two teenagers had noticed you and your friends' presence as well and they both immediately pulled away from one another, trying to explain themselves.

After a few moments of standing still, your legs finally moved. You tried to escape down the hall, ignoring the continuous shouts coming from your friends.

'[Name]... we can explain.'

'It's not what it looks like.'

'We'll explain, please don't leave!'

You wanted to run away, you wanted to go to another place — a place that wasn't here. A place away from your friends.

However, your actions were stopped when you heard Enid's voice call out to you. You stopped and turned to see Xavier attempting to stop Ajax from running towards you and Wednesday scolding Enid while she called out to you to explain herself.

'[Name]...' Enid began, 'I'm really sorry.' 'Sorry? Enid... Sorry isn't enough. You knew how I felt about him. You knew that I liked him,' you shouted at her between sobs, 'I feel betrayed.'

Enid's eyes were fixated on her shoes as you kept shouting at her while aggressively wiping away any tears that threatened to fall from your sore eyes.

'I'm sorry, I just can't do this right now,' you stated as you attempted to walk out of the dorm halls, filled with rage, sorrow and betrayal. You honestly couldn't believe that one of your own friends would treat you like this.

Enid called out to you again as she walked closer to you, attempting to put her hand your shoulder but this time, you didn't want to hear any of it so you let your emotions take over.

In a fit of rage, you threw Enid across the hall with your telekinesis. She screamed as she flew across it, in both fear and pain.

You couldn't believe you had just done that.

You were horrified. Scared. Scared at what you had done. She was your friend after all.

You glance at your hand and then at the situation in front of you: Enid was tiredly leaning onto the wall behind her while Wednesday and Xavier were tending to her while Ajax was watching the scene unfold in-front of him.

You bit your lip in regret. You regretted what you had done to your friend.

You wiped a few more tears that escaped your eyes. You looked at Enid one last time as you mumbled: 'I'm sorry but I wouldn't have ever done this to you. Never,' you tried to leave the scene before you'd do anything that you might regret but were stopped when you felt someone grab your arm, preventing you from leaving.

You sharply turned your head back to see that it was Ajax. Your eyebrows were knitted together and your breath was uneven. 'I don't have anything to say to you, I thought you liked me,' you said and pulled your arm away from his grasp.

While walking away, you tried to clear your head from the things that happened earlier but failed to do so as the sounds of their shouts and footsteps were getting louder and louder.

Finally, you left the dorm halls and found your way to your dorm, which was completely barren. With a tired sigh, you threw yourself onto your bed and began to ponder the previous events of the day. You wept at the mere thought of them.

Heartbreak hurt you so much but what hurt the most was that it was caused by your closest friend.