ROWAN

NIGHTMARES !
rowan laslow x reader

The sound of frantic knocking on your dorm room's door woke you up with a start.

The loud, cacophonous sounds of the knocks echoed throughout your dorm which caused you to wake up, panicking. You didn't even have time to register your surroundings as your body immediately moved towards towards the cause of the noise.

You walked towards the door as you rubbed your eyes, attempting to clear your vision even though your dorm was dark — only the moon light illuminated it.

Once you opened the door, you were met by your boyfriend, Rowan, who looked terribly distressed. His hair was a mess — strands of his ( usually ) well-kept hair were sticking out and his eye bags were so dark — as if he hadn't slept in forever.

You cursed as you quickly lead him inside your dorm and locked the door. You leaned on your door as Rowan fidgeted with his fingers. 'I'm really sorry for barging in like this—' Rowan began but was interrupted by you placing your hand on his arm.

You knew exactly why he turned up at your dorm at such a time — he had been having nightmares again. You weakly smiled at him. You didn't care that he ruined your sleep, that didn't matter; all that mattered was that he was okay.

'It's alright, I don't mind,' you gently spoke, 'what happened?' Upon hearing your question, Rowan began to look at the floor below him — he was obviously nervous.

'It was just a nightmare — a vivid one,' he slowly responded, 'it just — it just felt so real... I guess, I was scared.'

You let go of his arm and wrapped your arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He slowly wrapped his arms around your back. You both stood there for a moment and you pulled apart and cupped his face with both of your hands.

'Do you want to talk about it?' You asked. 'It's alright...' he trailed off. He'd told this to you multiple times that your presence enough was able to comfort him; he really liked being around you. To him, you were the only source of happiness of happiness in his dark life.

'Are you sure?' You asked again. 'Really,' he confirmed.

He was so glad you were in his life.