XAVIER

HEATHER !

xavier thorpe x reader

You and Xavier had been the closest of friends for as long as you could remember. You both were very close and knew practically everything about one another.

And that was the problem — you both were just friends.

Xavier, for the longest time, had only considered you as a friend — looked at you in a platonic light while your feelings towards him blossomed into something more — romantic feelings. You hated your feelings for him; you hated that you managed to fall in love with him even though he liked someone else.

You knew that Xavier's heart belonged to Wednesday - he was so in love with her. You'd be lying if you said you weren't envious of her. You and Wednesday were good friends, you could never hate her yet a small part of you wished that you were in Wednesday's place. You wished that someday, Xavier would forget about her and focus on you.

To be honest, you understood why Xavier would be in love with her; after all, she's amazing: she speaks her mind and doesn't care what others perceive of her.

You felt immensely guilty for all of this.

Hiding away those atrocious thoughts, you took a deep breath and knocked on Xavier's shed's door. Your reason for visiting him was like any other: you just wanted to see him.

Merely a few moments of waiting, the door opened to reveal a distressed Xavier. His hair was tied back messily with loose strands all over his tired face. He had horrible dark circles under his eyes and his skin looked paler than usual.

Upon seeing you in front of his door, he smiled lightly and allowed you enter his shed.

You looked around his shed - it looked alarming. There more pictures of the hyde all over, decorating the walls. In between the gnarly paintings of the monster were beautiful and intricate sketches of Wednesday. You heart ached at the sight of them.

'That's a beautiful one,' you commented, pointing to the Wednesday painting of her playing her cello. 'Thanks. I caught her playing the cello a few days ago — she's so talented,' He smiled.

You bit your lip at his statement, 'yeah, she is.' To be fair, Xavier wasn't wrong; Wednesday truly had talent yet you wished he'd compliment you the same way he does to her.

Your eyes then landed onto the current art piece he was working on — it was of Wednesday as well. It wasn't as large as his previous paintings but it was still there.

You felt hot tears attempting to escape your eyes so you rushed out of the shed before Xavier could notice them — he was left perplexed by your actions.

It hurt knowing that Xavier would always choose Wednesday over you. It hurt knowing that no matter what, he'd always see you as his friend. Nothing more, nothing less.