My eyes shoot open and dart around the room, I feel a drop of cold sweat make its way down my feverish face and the adrenaline pumping through my veins starts to slow. The room around me becomes still as I begin to render that it was just the same nightmare I've been experiencing for weeks now.

I flinch when I feel a warm hand wrap around my clammy one, but the panic dissipates when I sense the familiarity of it.

"Another one?" The gruff voice from beside me asks in a slow, sleepy voice.

"Yeah," I answered in a low tone, laying back down beside him and taking comfort from staring into his deep sapphire eyes.

"Come here Darlin" he pulled me closer to him and wrapped strong arms around my torso engulfing me into his chest.

I closed my eyes and tried to release some of the tension I felt throughout my whole body.

The nightmares have been getting more specific as the weeks pass making each one worse than the one before.

He fell back asleep almost instantly and I counted the long hours as I lay awake wrapped up in Andy's arms. Even with the usual safe feeling, he gives me I was still on edge.

Whatever was going on with me wasn't mere fear plaguing my mind- it was something more.

Guilt flooded through every inch of me as I looked down at the shiny ring that sits on my finger knowing that I have to find answers from the only person that I trusted to help me.

I carefully slipped out of Andy's arms making sure he was fast asleep before stepping out of our bed and over to the closet pulling out my empty duffle.

My lips tugged into a small smirk remembering how much I missed using the worn canvas before reminding myself why I didn't anymore.

Without giving any more thought to it I started shoving enough clothes I needed and grabbed a few other essentials before stepping out of the room and closing the door quietly behind me.

I grabbed a pen and scrap paper to scribble down a quick explanation to my fiance.

Andy,

I needed a few days to clear my head. I'm sorry for leaving so soon but I promise I'll be back before you know it. Don't miss me too much.

Xoxo, Lynn

I ended the small note with a smiley face and left it under the pen out in the open where he'd be sure to notice it.

With one more glance at the bedroom door, I had a notion to call off my whole plan and crawl back into bed curling up beside Andy while I fell into a deep sleep.

The feeling didn't last long when I remembered that I needed answers and that this was the only way I was going to get them.

I laced up my ankle-high boots that sat back in my closet for the longest time and headed out the front door to my brown jeep, starting it up and feeling the light hum of the motor come to life.

Pulling out onto the street I looked in the mirror back at the home I was temporarily leaving behind and started my long drive to where I needed to be.