August 5th - 2002

I follow Dean through the dark hall with my gun held up, ready for anything to come at us.

"I just don't understand why he left. Wasn't he happy here?" Dean continues to complain about his baby brother that left for school seven days ago.

"We've already talked about this. He wanted to go to school." I rebutted, turning the corner. "And as his big brother, you should support things like that."

He went silent as I grabbed his arm, pulling him around to face me with the flashlight he held, illuminating the features I loved.

Dean and I have been going out behind John's back for five months now, and it's been five months that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

"He's still your brother Dean." I assured him, bringing a hand up to cup his cheek, feeling him lean into the touch as he always does. "Plus, it's Sam. He's just as hard-headed as the rest of you, but that doesn't mean he stopped loving you."

Dean closed his eyes and let out a sigh from his constant worry since Sam left. The older Winchester may try and hide it well, but I can see right through to the part of him that just misses his baby brother.

I leaned up to place a kiss on his soft lips but instead felt my body forced away from him before smacking into the far wall behind us, making my vision go blurry.

My ears hear Dean behind me as I try and stand but before I can regain clear vision the spirt grabs me again and throws me against the corner of a wooden table knocking the air right from my lungs as i fal to the ground smacking my head on the cold concrete.

"Evy!" I hear Dean shout as my conscience fights to stay awake.

I start to fade into black until I feel arms pull me up, and Dean's voice brings me back.

"You're bleeding like crazy. We have to get you to the hospital." He shakily says as I feel my body picked up from the cold floor and into Dean's arms, allowing me to rest my throbbing head on his warm chest.

"Dean, it hurts." I softly let out, feeling like I could go right to sleep in his arms.

"I know, sweetheart, just stay with me, I gotcha." He reassured me as his voice grew further, and I fell into the comfortable darkness.

August 6th - 2002

A shot of pain shoots through my body, forcing me awake to find that I wasn't with Dean anymore but alone in a cold, pristine hospital bed instead.

I try to swallow, but my dry throat makes it difficult as I look around for anyone.

After waiting for what felt like an eternity, I decided to do it my way as I ripped out the IV from my arm and swung my legs off the hospital bed.

To my surprise, they didn't seem to want to work as I stumbled back into the bed, holding on to the side.

I used as much force as I could to remain up until I saw Dean turn the corner into my room, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Thank God you're okay." He breathed out, rushing over to help me back up onto the bed.

"Thanks." I sheepishly smiled, looking back at the exhausted boy who held out his hoodie for me to put on trying to keep from the cold I felt. "What happened? why am I here?"

He took my hand in his as he drew circles around it. "We got jumped by Casper because you wanted to make out." He chuckled, making me smirk and playfully hit his chest.

"Shut up." I smiled up at the young boy who I cared for more than words could describe. "I mean, why am I in the hospital?" I press knowing that whatever happened to me must have been bad enough for him to bring me here.