6

Heavy rain beats down on the van as my hands hold a small flashlight, allowing me to look over the papers Sam handed me to help research.

My eyes run over the words diligently, taking in as much information available until Dean's voice breaks my concentration.

"You've gotta be kidding me. A killer clown?" He exclaims, sounding skeptical of the odd case.

"Yeah. He left the daughter unharmed and killed the parents. Ripped them to pieces, actually." Sam replied, making me grimace from the description.

"And this family was at some carnival that night?"

"Right, right. The, uh, Cooper Carnivals."

"So how do you know we're not dealing with some psycho carnie in a clown suit?" Dean asked as I clicked off my flashlight, laying the papers down beside me.

"Well, the cops have no viable leads, and all the employees were tearing down shop. Alibis all around." I answer, mentally going over the list I made in my head. "Plus, this girl said she saw a clown vanish into thin air. Cops are saying trauma, of course."

Looking up into the mirror, I noticed Dean's eyes flit to me, holding an uncertain look in them that was quickly wiped, turning into a snicker.

"Well, I know what you're thinking, Sam. Why did it have to be clowns?" He teased as I bit my lip, trying to hold back the laugh that wanted to escape.

"Oh, give me a break." Sam defended as Dean let out a laugh of his own.

"You didn't think I'd remember, did you? I mean, come on, you still bust out crying whenever you see Ronald McDonald on the television." He teased, making me laugh along, gaining a smile from Dean.

"Well, at least I'm not afraid of flying." Sam rebutted.

"Planes crash!"

"And apparently, clowns kill!"

"You both have such strange phobias," I added with a chuckle.

"If I remember correctly, Evy, you're afraid of swimming." Dean smiled at me in the mirror as I crossed my arms, leaning back into the seat.

"You can easily drown from swimming Dean, planes usually stay in the air," I argued back, rolling my eyes, making Dean shake his head with the ghost of a smile still on his lips.

With everything still sitting between the two of us, the distraction from the hunt has helped relieve some of the tension, making it easier to focus on the task at hand.

The older Winchester went on to ask more about the case as I tuned out, watching the raindrops fall down the cold window, thinking about how much I missed being on the road like this.

Three years. For three years, I have lived a mundane apple pie life, but none of it could compare to being right here.

Nothing except Andy.

Being caught up in the high of going to the Roadhouse and finding a case, I haven't let myself take a moment and even think about him, which added onto the guilt that plagued my heart.

I pulled out my phone from the pocket of the duffle sat beside me and flipped it open while holding down the button bringing the phone back to life as blue bubbles popped up on the small screen making me nauseous of what they held.

Clicking on the first message, I took a deep breath reading what it contained.

Yesterday 11:37pm
Just call me when you can. I love you.

My eyes fluttered over the words as my heart grew heavy that I couldn't go back to him yet.

But maybe I could?