Putting my jeep into park I turn the engine off and look out at the house I've missed more than anything.

I grabbed my phone from beside me and looked down at the small screen with a frown.

14 missed calls from Andy
5 messages from Andy

'Sorry Andy' I said under my breath and slid my phone into the jeep's glove box. Out of sight out of mind.

I pulled on the handle and stepped out of the vehicle onto the dirt slowly making my way up to the porch with dust flying up all around my boots covering them in a layer of dirt.

I bring my hand up to the chipped paint door gathering the courage to make contact with it.

After a couple of minutes of convincing myself to stay, I finally brought my knuckles onto the wood knocking three times.

Behind the wall, I hear heavy footsteps make their way closer and finally reach the door.

The wood in front of me finally swings inside with a shotgun peaking through with him "what!-"

I put on a sheepish smile at the man before me. "Hey Bobby" I greeted him and the grumpy face he opened the door with turned into shock.

"Evelyn?" He looked at me, with wide eyes.

"The one and only" I gave a big smile and pushed myself forward wrapping my arms around his neck in a crushing hug.

He stiffened at the sudden contact but soon gave in and wrapped his arms around me.

A moment went by and I pulled away to look at the face I missed dearly. His eyes had more wrinkles than I remembered and his beard was graying but besides that, he was still the same Bobby.

"I missed you old man" I quipped gaining a disapproving look from him.

"Hilarious" he deadpanned as I shrugged a smile playing on my lips.

He shook his head and invited me inside for a beer that I gladly accepted after the exhausting drive I just had.

"As glad as I am to see you kid I know you didn't drive all the way here to make fun of my age." He said taking a sip of the cold drink.

I let out a deep sigh rubbing a hand down my face. "I need your help with something Bobby"

~~~

Bobby sat me down in his living room which was still filled wall to wall with lore books which I felt comforted by the familiarity of.

I explained what has been happening to me in a full analysis down to the very last detail I can remember and he intuitively listened the whole time taking in every word I spoke.

"On the ceiling you say? Like, Mary Winchester?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows after I concluded telling him everything.

"Yes, I'm sure of it these, dreams haven't let me miss a single detail," I tell him and let my head rest in my hands. "I can't figure out what they mean though, I just don't see how this can be paranoia anymore it's too specific.

He took a deep breath and shook his head. "I wish I had a good answer for you, Evelyn. Sounds to me a lot like what Sam's been dealin' with."

My heart skipped a beat hearing the name. "Wait, our Sam- Like Sam Winchester?" He gave a nod. "Bobby, I thought he was still at Stanford?"

His eyebrows drew together with a confused look. "When was the last time you talked to either of them, boys?

"Upwards of three years, I think? After Sam left for college it was just Dean and me, we ended up getting into this huge fight and I left pissed off enough to leave hunting for good" I shrugged. "I did talk to John about a year ago or so, he called about some help with a wendigo case, but I turned him down. How is he anyway?" I asked with a smile but seeing Bobby's look my expression fell.

"He is alright, isn't he?" I pressed and he pursed his lips turning to look at me.

"Evelyn...John passed away about 2 weeks ago now" he regretfully admitted to me with a look of grief behind his eyes.

"...oh" was all I could get out as Hot tears blurred my vision, making me look up at the ceiling to keep them from falling. John Winchester took me in when my dad died on a hunting trip. I was eight years old and even with two other boys, he welcomed me with open arms into his little family. Guilt filled my body to the very top that I didn't even know till now.

I looked back toward Bobby choking back a sob. "I uh- I had no idea. What happened?" I asked, trying to move my mind from crying.

"Demon. Yellow eyes to be exact," he told me and my eyes flicked over to his.

"Sam and Dean, they're okay, right? I asked with wide eyes, fearful of the demon that seemed to plagued our lives

"Yeah they're alright, pretty broken up but that's to be expected." He told me and I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief.

I shook my head. "God I couldn't imagine how they feel, especially Dean; John was his idol." Bobby nodded in agreement. "What about you? How are you handling it?" I asked the man in front of me knowing that many people don't ask him that question.

He let out an empty-sounding chuckle. "Honestly, I'm gonna miss that son of a bitch"

"Me too" I admitted and cleared my throat, pushing the new grief I felt away into the far corners of my mind. I attempted to turn the conversation back to what I came here for.

"So do you have any solutions to how I stop these nightmares?"

Before he could give me any type of answer I heard the sound of the front door swinging open with two pairs of loud boots walking in. I smiled to myself knowing who those belonged to.

"Hey, Bobby, whose jeep's parked outside?" The voice traveled through the house as it came closer to us. "You don't have a special friend here do you– "

Stopping dead in his tracks at the entryway the smile that sat on Dean's face fell into an unreadable expression as I sat there with my hands in my lap offering him a small smile.

"Evy?" My name coming out of his mouth sounded stiff as Sam rounded the corner.

"Dean who's– Oh my god, Evelyn!" Sam exclaimed with a big smile walking towards me as Dean stood there unmoving.

"Sammy!" I stood up and met the smiling younger brother halfway as he pulled me into a lung-crushing hug.

"I can't believe your here!" He excitedly spoke into the hair on my shoulder.

"Neither can I. It's good to see you, Winchester." I pulled back to look up at him. "Wow you got taller, how is that even possible?" I laughed as he gave me a dorky smile.

Even though I'm only a year older than Sam I still remember him as this snot-nosed kid but now he looks more grown up and I feel a pang of sadness that I've missed so much time with my best friend.

"What are you doing here Ev?" Sam asked as my smile faltered slightly.

"It's a long story," I answered not wanting to get into gory details just yet.

"Hi Dean" I call over Sam's shoulder with a smile but I'm replied to with a nod from his stone-cold expression before he turns on his heel and stalks out of the room leaving the house.

I look back at Bobby and then at Sam as they both stare at me looking for an explanation for the oldest Winchesters' behavior.

"I should go find him," I told the two men and grabbed my coat from the couch throwing it on and making my way towards the door after him.

A.N//

I'm so bad at ending chapters lol.