"Dean, wait!" I called to him from inside the house before throwing my boots back on and sprinting out after him.

I stepped off the pouch and looked around to find that he'd already disappeared into Bobby's seemingly endless piles of rusty old cars. I let out a huff and shook my head at his usual childish behavior before starting towards the closet row.

The hot South Dakota sun beat down on my fair skin making me take off the jacket I had on and tie it around my waist.

Bout time I got a tan I thought to myself before my eyes caught the sight of one of Sam's old beat-up soccer balls lodged behind a tire and a quick smile came to my face thinking of the times the boys and I would be out here for hours when John would drop us off here to go on a hunt he deemed too dangerous.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard the faint sound of a classic rock station playing from someplace afar and I figured I knew who would be behind the sound.

Remembering the quickest path to the garage my guess was correct when I heard the music get louder until I found the radio it was playing out of. I moved around the corner and my heart stopped as I immediately recognized the destroyed version of the beautiful impala I knew as home for my entire childhood.

My mouth hung agape for a moment at the sad sight before me until I saw Dean standing with his back towards me cleaning something with a rag.

"What...happened" I breathed out moving closer to the broken car.

I saw his body go stiff at the sound of my voice. "Demons" he simply responded, still focused on his task as my eyes went wide.

"Demons? You let demons destroy the impala?" I asked, taking a closer look inside at the beat-up frame.

He moved around to the engine and placed the part he had in his hand into the machine. "No Evelyn Mae." He sighed. "Dad, Sam, and I were thrown off the road by a possessed trucker driving an eighteen-wheeler"

He said it like the most casual thing in the world while I was in disbelief. "And you didn't think I'd like to know about something like that? God Dean, I know you hate me now but you guys are still my family."

He stood up from the engine and met my eyes for the second time since he stepped into that house but instead of the shocked look he held before his soft green eyes now held a burning fire behind them.

"Oh, are we now? Cause I don't remember your last name being Winchester." He snapped at me with a hard-set emotion on his face.

The better part of me knew that this is just what Dean always does when he's hurting from things, but his words always knew how to cut through my skin easily and break down my walls.

"You don't mean that." I shook my head avoiding his gaze.

"After you abandoned us and never bothered to call or check-up, Yeah, I think I'm pretty damn sure I mean it so why don't you do us all a favor and go back to wherever the hell you came from."

I bit my cheek and looked up at him again with a fire of my own now. "You're a child." I spat back. "This is exactly the kind of crap behavior that made me leave your sorry ass in the first place and you clearly haven't changed one bit." I seethed, fueling our already ablaze tempers.

"You don't know a thing about me, sweetheart." He retorted wearing a smirk that made me want to wack him in the head with one of Bobby's wrenches and give him another cut on his head. I wonder if he got that cut from the crash?

"Believe me, you'd be surprised how transparent you really are Dean," I argued back, giving a challenging look to the Winchester.

As I stood here with Dean I remember what John always used to say about us. He would laugh and say that when Dean and I got in an argument we were like wildfires. He never knew what move we were gonna make next or how much damage we wanted to cause to each other.