chap.22

Ohhh my goodness I am so sorry! I thought I had posted this. I am so sorry guys, this must have been confusing. Please forgive me.

Enjoy.

##############

"I'll be back. You are okay right?" I nodded. He left me in the office and I locked the door immediately. I had never encountered such in my life. The life of rich kids isn't as glamorous or easy as one would think. I don't know how long it was until there was a knock on the door. My heart was painfully beating against my ribs.

"Yandise-okuhle vula" that voice sounded awfully familiar. "Yandise vula"

"Bhut'Ntsika?"

"Yebo Sisi, Vula ngingene. (Yes sister, open up so that I can enter)." I rushed to the door and unlocked it, pulling it open enough for me to throw myself in to my brother's safe arms. He held me tight as I sob after sob wrecked through my body, barely giving me time to breath.

"You're okay baby sis. Let's go home." We walked out side by side. I saw police men walking around the school. "Who is she?" One chose to stop us just as we were about to exit the school. "Not now. You can come to our house tomorrow. I need to get my sister home. " Ntsika said in a serious voice

"But I need her statement." The police officer argued. All it took was one look from Ntsika and the police officer just stepped aside and agreed for a meet tomorrow. We continued walking towards his car. I sat in the backseat, regardless of his semi protests. After he secured my seatbelt even when I told him I'd do it myself, he got in the drivers side and started the car.

He drove out of the parking and the further we drove, the school disappeared into the night. The radio played in the background and kept my negative thoughts at bay. Giving me time to properly think about what happened and what would've happened if Anade wasn't there. "What kind of ice cream would you like Marsh?"

"Hmm?" I hadn't realised that we were at the KFC drive through. "oh, nothing Bhuti. Ngiyabonga kodwa." I replied, feeling drained from the events. "I'll take one Oreo sundae and one KitKat sundae please." He said into the speaker. The car drove deeper into the driveway and he paid and then got the ice creams. "Here you go." He handed me one of the two cups.

"Chaa ngiyabonga bhuti."

"Oh." His hand slowly retreated to the cup holder. He drove off and headed home. I closed my eyes, reminding myself in my mind that it's all over. Nothing bad happened to me.

<<<<<<<<<<<

<<<<<<<<<

<<<<<

<<<

<<

<

We drove into the driveway and found the whole family waiting outside. As soon as Ntsika parked the car, Mama rushed to my side, opened the door and pulled me into her warm embrace. "Mm-mama. I can't breath."

"Forget breathing. Do you know how worried I was!" She exclaimed as she pulled me away from her, looked at me and hugged me again. "Ithi ngimbone nami mkami. (Let me have a look at her too my wife.)" Baba said behind her.

"Ba" I couldn't help the sob that escaped through my lips vwe hugged for some time. "let's go eat. I'm hungry." Konke said. We laughed and walked into the house. Being at home I'd never been more happy to be home. We sat at the dinner table,and instead of being seated besides Nathi and Sibonga, I was sat besides Mama as well as Baba. We served ourselves and ate in silence.

As soon as dinner was over, I stood up and took !y plate with mW. I washed it and placed it in the dishwasher then returned to my family. "I'm tired. Ngisacela ukuyolala nje kancane. (May I please go sleep.)"

"There's no need to ask Marshmallow. We get it, its been a long day. Hambolala. (Go sleep.)" I kissed everyone on the cheek and then went up to bed. I didn't bother with changing into my PJs I just undressed and threw my body on my bed and cried myself to sleep. I soon woke up to loud voices downstairs. I hadn't even bothered with checking the time on my phone I just wore the closest things which were my summer PJs. I wore my slippers and took my glasses since my eyes were hurting from my crying.

"Mama!" I shouted for her whilst rubbing my dry, itchy eyes. The closer I got to the stairs was the louder the voices got. As I stood at the top stair, all the noise quietened down and the sight in front of me shook me to my core. My phone slipped through my fingers and hit the floor with a loud thud.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>

>>

>

I don't know what time it was, all I know is that I'd been there for more than three hours. Ever since the police came, cuffed me and threw me in the police van where I'd soon be driven to a junior jail cell. They finally put me in an interrogation room and I'd been there since. "What's going on?" I asked the officer for the hundredth time. I thought he'd do what he's been doing since I was put in there which was nothing.

When the door opened "Hmmm Rich kids these days. Getting in jail cells!" The officer who entered tsked. "What's going on?" I asked once more before moving my hands, trying to get circulation regardless of those cuffs. "We found a full bag of drugs in your locked at school and in your gym locker there was cocaine."

I couldn't believe it. I was at a loss of words. "Wh-h-a-?"

"Don't look so surprised."

"Speaking to my client when I'm not present?" The door had been opened ands a tall, chubby like man appeared wearing a formal two piece grey suit and he was holding a briefcase. "Attorney. What brings you by?"

"My client. You might have found all those things in her possession but did you find any fingerprints belonging to my client?"

"I-i-i"

"Exactly. You popped the champagne too early. I'll be taking my client with me now. Enjoy your day." He beaconed for me to follow and as I stood, I remembered the handcuffs around my wrists. "Uhm?"

"Uncuffher Sibanyoni!" The attorney said without even sparing a glance. I was uncuffed and I walked out of the interrogation room. I slowly and silently followed behind Mr Attorney whilst rubbing my sore wrists.

"Ntombi yami. (My girl)" I looked up as I heard Baba's voice and just then, I was immediately pulled into my father's warm embrace. I broke down in tears. This had been a long day and I was already over it and ready for it to end. As we headed for the exit, we heard a lot of clicks and clutters along with loud chatter. Someone opened the door and rushed inside. "The paparazzi are here." She said breathlessly.