chap.32

New book alert!!!

What a night...

After nearly half a year of not seeing one another, these friends finally have a weekend where they all are free. What could go wrong?

################################

Ntando

When Dabs and Tanci came to school today, I felt relieved and like I could actually be a normal child. Of course I still had detention for walking out on Hergelat earlier this morning but that's all solved. I've been avoiding The Elite ever since this morning. It's 16:09 pm which means I have 51 minutes left of detention.

I've been using this time to practice my physics and maths because I don't want to be stressing when June exams are approaching. The time passed by quickly and I was dismissed from detention. I walked down to the locker rooms and I changed into my gear.

"Oh man, did you see that new girl in that cheer outfit? She a hot thot!" Some team mates said as they walked in. "What's up Ntando bro." I just nod my head and walk out. I head to the field and greet coach. "Do you think we are here to play games?"

"No coach." I answer confused. "Then why the hell did you miss practice yesterday?"

"I had some family issues coach. I'm sorry coach. It won't happen again."

"You're damn right it won't happen again because I'm benching you."

"What? Why coach. I'm the best and you know it."

"That may be son but I can't have any slackers on my team."

"Yes coach."

"Go on then." He blew his whistle and I fought off a scream. I instead chose to focus on the game and push myself to the limit. Practice was soon over at 18:30 pm and I walked to the showers to change. I didn't bother with the small talk. As soon as I had my bags I walked out.

I got to my car and packed my bags in the trunk. Two days until the first game of the season and one week until the Valentines day ball. How shittier can life get. I close the trunk, "Hey"

"Oh, hi Yandise-okuhle."

"How are you? I didn't see you today."

"Yeah, I'm cool. I was busy today. You look beautiful." I notice the drummies uniform that she's wearing. "Thanks. I finally got my own uniform"

"Yeah...uhm I gotta go so if you don't mind..."

"O-oh...okay. Its no problem at all. Uhm  bye."

"Sho." I jump in my car and drive off. When I got home, I took a shower and went to join Tanci and Dabs at the dinner table. "The house is quiet." Tanci says.

"Mmm" I agree as I take a spoonful of food into my mouth. "What happened there Anande?" I look at where she's motioning to and I see the fading bruises on my arm. "Practice" the lie slips easily out of my lips.

"Hmmm. Okay, I wonder why Ndiphile would lie to me then."

"She couldn't have been. She was hysterical on the call." Tanci says. "True..." We ate in silence. "Goodnight everyone."

"So early?"

"I've got homework." I say. "So what did you do during detention?"

"Sleep" I shrug my shoulders. "So you are lying to us now Anande?"

"Dabawo I'm not lying."

"Nyan? Mmmm look me in the eye and tell me that what you just said is true."