chap.52

Yandisokuhle

"That was too delicious. I'm definitely coming back here." I was stuffed but I wanted more. That food hit the spot. "Yeah, i saw you devour those tacos like no ones business." Marlin, when I was eating, I definitely forgot who I was with.

"Yeah well, what can I say. I'm a satisfied girl." His eyes widened. "What?" He pulled me by the arm and basically threw me against his car. His body came directly on mine and his lips clashed painfully against mine.

I fought hard but his body wouldn't move, not until I bit him. "What the fuck Marlin!" My heart was racing as my eyes searched his frantically for any sort of remorse or reasoning.

"I...look I'm sorry-" I couldn't help but scoff. "Really, I am. I just thought of how you have been seeing Ntando and I felt jealous for a moment-"

"You are unbelievable.  Get the fuck off of me." I shoved him off and walked back into the restaurant. "Everything okay dear?" I nodded and took my phone out.

"My brother's fetching me so I'm going to wait inside. May I wait inside?" She smiles and pats my shoulder, "ofcourse." She walks away and I sit near the door. The doors open and I look up from my phone, it's Marlin.

"Yandisokuhle-"

"Just save it Marlin." He sits across from me. "I really am sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you today-"

"On any day for that matter. I don't like you like that. Never have, never will." He looks hurt by what I've said. He opens his mouth and my phone rings. "Bhuti?"

"Marshmallow where are you?"

"At the Salsa steakhouse, I have  my location on, let me send it  to you."

"Okay.  Sheshisa  keh.  (Hurry up then.)"

""Yebo bhuti. (Yes brother.)" I sent him my location and ended the call once he confirmed that he got it. "So you were giving me a lousy apology after forcing your tongue down my throat?"

He shifted in his seat as if he were uncomfortably. "Please do forgive me. I hope we can move on from this and remain friends." He pulled my hand into his and I immediately pulled my hand back.

His touch repulsed me. "You are sick. We were never friends. And we never ever will be. Stay the fuck away from me and I'll gladly do the same." He let out a sigh and sniffle. I nearly laughed.

Here he was crying as if I'm the one who violated his boundaries! Yhoo! "I see. I hope you change your mind because I see a future with you." Before I could even say anything, he stood up and walked out.

Confusion filled my mind as I stared at his retreating form. "The drama never ends!" I was in disbelief.  My phone rang five minutes later, "bhuti?"

"I'm outside." I looked through the window and true to his words, he was outside. I walked out and basically ran to his car. "Hi bhuti."

"Marshmallow. Where are your bags?" Shit! "Oh damn. I must've forgotten to take them from my friend. She had to rush home." I didn't look him in the eyes. "Mmm. So is that why your heart was rushing before you called me?"

"Yes. How did you?"

"The curse of the Mthwthwa family." He shrugged like it was nothing. "The what?" He started the car. "Yeah, we kids are all connected spiritually. What you feel I and your brothers will feel."

"So why is it a curse?" He just stared at me. "Well?"

"Let's just leave it." He rolled his eyes and drove off. We got home at 20:30 pm. "You're late." MaZulu greeted, "hello to you too mom
I had an early dinner date with a friend. Totally spontaneous."

"Mmm. Go change and come join us for  dinner." She  swatted me away. "Okay. I might not come back downstairs, I am tired."

"Its a good thing i wasn't asking you. Go."

"Mooooom" I ran upstairs for a quick shower. I changed into a onsie. "Good, you came."

"Yoy didn't give me much of a choice." Baba looked at me, "Ntombiyam..."I looked at him, "Yebo Ba?" He motioned to my brother. "I am expecting exceptional results from you because you know how important your  grade 11 marks are."

"Yes father. I will not  disappoint you." I felt the pressure, "Babakhe I'm sure she will not disappoint us. I trust in our daughter."

"I hope she doesn't disappoint us. She is the heiress of the Mthethwa fortune."

"Hahaha. Very funny." They all laughed at me. Dinner was quiet and as much as I'd like to say I enjoy the company of my family, they can be annoying at times.

I eventually went up to my roiim and i was joined by MaZulu.  "Yebo Ma?" She sat on my bed, "You know how much your father loves you and he adores you. You are his only princess."

"Where are you going with this Ma?" She sighs, "I know how hard  it gets when you're in high school  and your  family is known world wide-"

"How would you know ma? You lived a normal life until you got married to uBaba." She took hold of my hands, "That may be so sweetheart but I experienced it with your older brothers. Baba is going to be tougher on you because you're his only daughter and we want what's best for you. I know that you will make this the beat year possible. Just talk to us if you ever feel like it's getting too hard."

"Ngizokwenza njalo Ma. (I will do so Ma.)" I gave her a small smile. She pulled me into her arms and we hugged for the longest time. I couldn't remember when I got a hug from my mother. When she left, I sat on my bed, knees crossed and just sat in my  thoughts. 

Term 1 is nearly over and I barely remember what I've learned bit we are beginning to write end of term tests. If I focus on what I know now, I'm sure I'll be able to pass well enough. Shit!

Okay, having these thoughts in mind, I pull my books out and study what I learnt. What seemed simple for me, I turned to YouTube to watch Mlungisi Nkosi and Miss Angler.

"Knock knock, wake up Miss Mthethwa." I let out a yawn and only then did I realise that I spent the whole night studying. "Yebo MaMavis, ngivukile. (Yes MaMavis, I'm awake.)" I stumbled out of bed and went to take a cold shower.

I wore my blue school pants with the polo t-shirt and white takkies. I grabbed my notebooks and pencil case that I normally use at home.  "Good morning Family" I let out a full yawn. "Morning sisi." The twins greeted me. I kissed their foreheads before coming to sit besides Nathi. 

"Morning Nathi." He just smiles at me, "Yeah I see you." I pushed him lightly, "Ouch idiot."

"Enough children, eat your breakfast and go to school." MaZulu kissed both our heads. "Yes mommy" she smiled at me, her eyes shining with happiness, it made me feel warm inside.

I really wanted to see her happy like this forever. "Okay Marshmallow, Nathi let's get going. I've got a meeting at 8." Bhut'Simphiwe called out to us. I grabbed a garlic bun then we both stood up and took our lunches before following him to his car.

"So what time am I expected to pick you two up?" Bhut'Simphiwe pulled into the street leading to our school. "At 2:15pm exactly. I don't have practice." I turned to Nathi, "Neither do i"

"Okay, goodbye children. I will see you later."

"Bye bhuti." We walked further into the school. "See you sis." He kissed my cheek before walking off to his friends. "Was that just not cute!" Buhlebendalo taunts. I roll my eyes and walk off.

"Oh her royal heiress refuses to talk to me. Ouch. I'm hurt." She pulls me by my  braids. "Ahhh!!" I tripped on air and fell down. "Let her Go!" I heard a slap landing on a cheek. Buhlebendalo screeched. Someone helped me up. "Nelisiwe..."

"Are you good?" She hugged me.
"I'm okay, thanks." I took my braids down because my scalp was burning. "What the hell you bitch!" Buhlebendalo held her cheek in one hand. "You need to learn to stay in your place little girl!" Nelly taunted.

"I will-"

"You will what?" I pushed forward. "Tell us Buhlebendalo. What will you do? We are all dying to hear exactly what it is that you will do." She flared her nose and looked around before turning down the hallway.

"Thanks Nell-" she was already gone. I rushed to class to write.