chap.38

When we got home, I was assisted up the stairs to my room. MaZulu changed my bandages and helped me change into a night dress and gown. She wanted to carry me down the stairs but I instead on walking so we did.

She helped me to the livingroom, got me a portable desk and placed my school bag besides me. "Dankie ma," she kisses my cheek and walks out. I decide to start with my life science homework. I seemed to understand it better anyways. Someone walked in and sat besides me, I look up and see that it's MaZulu.

"Ma?"

"Lutho sthandwa sikaBaba. I just want to sit with you." She says, focusing in her phone. We spent about two hours in the living room. I couldn't even check my messages because I know she would peer through and ask whose texting me.

"Dinner is ready." Konke came in, already holding his spoon. "Okay, siyeza fano." MaZulu helped me walk to the dining room.

Dinner was smooth, nothing interesting happened. I grabbed a bunch of fruit to eat before sleeping. I got no texts from anyone and I released the breath I was holding. I fell asleep watching YouTube videos. When I woke up in the morning it was around 4 am. I stayed in bed until five am. I took a long shower and wore a large black t-shirt. I paired it with black blue jeans and my white crocks.

When I went downstairs, I grabbed a bowl of cornflakes and a lot of sugar. "Why so much sugar? Who are you trying to kill?"

"Myself." I answer, setting my bowl down. "Sisi, I need to tell you something."

"What's up?" I focus on Simphiwe. He places the sweater on the table. "You were right." He avoids my eyes. "I know. But what exactly was I right about?"

"This is not my sweater. I found mine in my clothes." I laughed maniacally.  "Didn't I tell you?"

"You did. Which is why I sorry."

"Mmmm." I focus on my food. "Will you say something?"

"Nope." I continue eating. "You are such a bitch!"

"Language!" MaZulu walked in. "Why are you swearing now?" She sat at her normal seat. "Yandisokuhle refuses to accept my apology."

"You can't force me to accept it. That's stupid." He launched at me. "Ahhh!!!" I jumped away. "Haai Simphiwe!!" Baba walked in, in  that moment and grabbed Simphiwe by his shoulder.

"What the hell is wrong with you boy!" Baba dragged Simphiwe off, shouting at him. We all sat shocked at the breakfast table. No one said a thing. "Take your sister to school Ntsika. " Baba said when Bhut'Ntsika answered the call. "Yes sir."

"Woza Yandi" I shook my head no. "I don't have time for this Yandi, come on." I looked at MaZulu. "Ma?"

"Its okay my babies. You go to school. Your brother will be okay." We drive off to school in quiet. I couldn't stop thinking about the whole scenario in the morning, adding onto my stress, the fact that Nelisiwe refuses to talk to me. 

I decided to spend my break in the library and surprise, surprise, I found Nelisiwe.  "Don't go." I had turned around the minute I saw her. "Nelly, I don't want to fight with you."

"Neither do I. I just need you to understand where I'm coming from." She says. "Help me understand."

"I had a friend, she was new and popular like you are right now. And she caught Ntando Majola's attention, just like you did. One day, Ntando asked her to come over and she was so excited. Even though everyone at school hated her because she got the King, she couldn't care less. She went to his house and she didn't text me back during the weekend. When Monday came along, she asked to switch schools. By the end of the week, she had left and everyone was happy."