Chapter 17: ~A day with the dollmaker~

Amelia's POV:

I was eating my breakfast while mother is drinking her coffee than the phone started to ring.

"Hello?" she said to the anonymous caller "I see" "of course I don't mind" "alright we'll see you later dear" then she hanged up
"who was it mama?" I asked "oh it was your aunt Donna shed asked if she could have you for the day" she answered.

"And she also asked if I could accompany you to her house" she added "oh doesn't she have a carriage?" "no my dear the way to her house is to small for a carriage to go through so she walks to visits and meetings" she explained.

Once I finished my breakfast mother helped me pack my bag cause I'm staying overnight at aunt Donna's.

"Is everything packed?" "yup!" I answered mother then we existed the estate.

Mother advised me to walk instead so that we have time to have a chat with each other.

"You know this is how i saw you which led to our meeting with one and another" she said while looking straight ahead "really?" I said in disbelief I looked at her and she looked at me with a soft smile " oh yes I was having a simple walk around the village until I saw you buying from the duke that day, if you left early I don't think we could have met" she explained.

We arrived at a foggy valley mother held my hand up until we arrived at what looks like a grave.

"What's that?" I said curious on whose grave it was infront of us "its a deceased member of the Beneviento family, this might be your aunt's deceased sister" mother explained I nodded and we head over to the elevator.

We rode the elevator once the doors opened it showed a waterfall beside it an estate mother went ahead I followed.

"Woah! that's aunt Donna's house?!" "oh yes" mother answered my excitement "cool" I uttered.

Mother went ahead and knocked at the door a few seconds later aunt Donna opened the door.

"Hello Donna" "hello Mother Miranda, Amelia" she said "well this is how far I'll go" mother said "amuse toi ma chérie" {have fun my dear} she added "je vais maman" {I will mama} I replied the she kissed my forehead as she left while I was waving my hand goodbye.

"Lia!!" I heard Angie shout my name (well nickname) "Angie!!" I shouted back and ran to give her a hug as aunt Donna chuckled at our antics and grabbed my luggage mother left at the door then she sat on her chair and she started sewing a dolls dress.

Donna's POV:

I was sewing a simple dress for a doll I was supposed to finish much earlier but Mother Miranda finally dropped Amelia off then I heard angie's voice interrupting my thoughts.

"C'mon Lia Donna's just sewing another dress and its bboooooorrrriiiiinnnngggg" once Angie exclaimed I looked up and realized that Amelia has been watching me the whole time "oh Angie I just wanna watch aunt Donna sew" she said.

"Do you want to learn how to sew?" I asked "yeah!" she said with excitement "alright then, come here" I said as I patted the seat beside me and I started teaching her the simple stitches and how yo sew a button on.

A few tries later "aunt Donna!,aunt Donna!" she shouted "what is it tesoro?" "look!" she shouted again while pointing at the sewed button on the scrap of fabric "well done tesoro come now its time for dinner".

Amelia's POV:

Aunt Donna led me to the dining room cause it's time for dinner.

Once I sat at the dinner table aunt Donna asked me a question "Amelia I'm going to show you a secret of mine only Angie and Mother Miranda knows this so please keep it" she said with a serious tone "ok aunt Donna" I said.

Then she slowly took off her veil and it revealed a scar on her face she tried to smile but I could see that she's struggling to keep on smiling but other than that she looked absolutely beautiful "woah, you look beautiful" I managed to say out loud.

"Really!?!" she said in shock then I nodded then I hugged her as she hugged me back I had a bunch of questions but I decided not to ask.

Once she calmed down we smiled at each other "what did I miss?" Angie asked we just laughed and invited her to sit with us for dinner.

"Are you sure your okay with me without my veil" aunt Donna asked "yes I'm sure aunt Donna" I said "this pasta is soo good! what is it?" I asked "Its the Beneviento family style pasta, its a family secret recipe" "can you tell me?" I pleaded "its a secret remember" "awww" I exclaimed "well maybe I can teach you once your older " she said and I smiled widely.

Once we're done eating I was reading while aunt Donna went around the house watering the plants.

Donna's POV:

A few hours later I saw it was getting dark went to the living room where Amelia was reading.

"Amelia, its time for bed" then she turned around "okay" she said handing me the book she was reading and followed me to her room.While I was tucking her in she asked me a question "why do you like dolls?" "well my father made dolls and he was the one who made Angie making dolls with him made such good memories" I said.

"And its because you get lonely?" she said it left me shocked but I still replied; "yes,maybe" "well you don't have to be" "really?" "mhm, cause I'm here now!" she exclaimed I just chuckled "you're right, well thats enough you need sleep" then I kissed her forehead as she drifts to sleep "good night little one"

~To Be Continued~