chapter 22: greatest sacrifice

after the 'argument' they had, they stayed silent for the whole time. They have arrived at the dungeon that Morgauses 'mother' showed them the way to. Arthur didn't get to have a serious conversation with her since they were in a hurry according to Morgause. Seemed just an excuse for Morgause to not be there any longer than she must. The way there wasn't that difficult since they just had to walk through a portal only the mother knew of which was situated in a cave not far from the village. " why is it always a dungeon?" Arthur murmurs to himself annoyed scrunching his eyebrows. Morgause just stayed silent and kept on walking ahead. Arthur is contemplating whether or not he should keep pressing her about future details but he decides against it.....for now at least. So They walk on for a while when they finally arrive at their destination.

Arthur looks nervously at Morgause as he is silently asking if they are going to be okay. Morgause looks straight back at him and replies to his unspoken question. " You are going to be just fine, I should know. I mean how many times did I try to kill you and take over your kingdom but you always lived through it"

Arthur blinks a few times and soon after chuckles softly nodding his head along " That's true" he mumbles in between his chuckles. " And if that doesn't ease your worries. You can still hold my hand...princess" she adds with a smirk. He just shakes his and looks for a few moments at the witch's hand. He doesn't want to admit it but they look very inviting since he has no idea what may await him on the other side. He can't see a thing. The entrance only reveals darkness. They silently walk through the long corridor with Arthur holding a torch he found lying around at the foot of the corridor. It was lit up by Morgause without him knowing so that actually scared him a little. I mean anyone would be if out of nowhere something lit on fire what annoyed him was the satisfying smirk Morgause has on her face by doing so. He tries to break the silence and brush off his previous action. " so well how long did this hallway goes actually, we have been walking for god knows how long" Arthur Voices with an annoyed edge looking straight ahead.

" Oh is our princess getting tired, who would have thought? Don't worry will be arriving shortly....Arthur gives an annoyed but satisfied nod. "I hope" She adds silently.

with a big smile on his face, Merlin is having the time of his life. He can forget all about his worries duties and responsibilities. The wind through his hair and up above in the say where everything else doesn't matter but him feeling all weight dropping from his shoulders. Mordred on the other hand has never flown before and he must say. He freaking loved it. he was a bit antsy at the start but as soon as they took off, he felt like a kid laughing his heart out and drowning everything else out. Merlin looks over to his left and watches Mordred having the biggest grin on his face and spreading his arms open almost like he is giving the sky a great big hug. He looks down and looks at one of the most beautiful maybe even purest creatures ever. Coming close to unicorns. But these creatures are special in their own way. After they got told by King Eredin that they had to venture into the realm of dreams, Merlin and Mordred had no idea where they should start. So they asked for some sort of clue as to where they should start. All he said in return was "The pegasi will know." Merlin and Mordred were enjoying the flight when their rides suddenly took a deep dive. They both yelp like little girls and wrap their arms around the pegasi's necks. Merlin lands first suitably followed by Mordred. They dismount their carriers, they look at each other with questioning looks both confused. They turned towards the pegasi but they were already gone. So that's it Merlin thinks. Just drop them god knows where and leave them. "I sometimes really hate magic...well the cryptical part though."

They finally come across a large room where it feels like they walked for hours even Morgause was getting annoyed. " Finally" Arthur voices with an exasperated sigh. Morgause looks around and feels the air changing around them but doesn't mind it too much since it is an enchanted dungeon after all. She turns around and notices the stone table with a cauldron on top of it. the room has light coming from all sides but no windows. Morgause walks around the room the check for something as she inspects the walls with her hands. " so where do we go now" Arthur speaks out looking around.