chapter 10: the lost forest part III

Arthur is now soaring trough the sky upside down, the cold air hitting his face as he tries to free himself from the beast grab. The dragon only smiled to himself, he finds it funny to see the once and future king in quite a distress. A sudden thought flashes in his dark twisted mind, let's have a little fun. The dragons smile turned into a smirk as he starts to make looping's. The king was never so shocked in his life, he let out a high pitched scream as he is taken by complete surprise. It seems like the king has a knack for screaming like a girl whenever he is in a state of fear. The dragon is having the time of his life and is now contemplating wether or not he should drop him and then catch him. he is brought of his sick joy as he hears the king yell. " let me go you vile beast! I will have your head if you don't let me go". The dragon can only laugh at the kings antics. He looks up ahead and realizes they are arriving at their destination. He looks down at Arthur and strengthens his hold on him as he flies off to the cave clearing in the mountain in front of them. " let me go!" Arthur yells again trying to punch his way through. " as you wish" khilgarrah answers with mirth in his voice. The kings eyes turned into the size of bowels as the hold on him loosens and is left falling down. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Arthur screams as he falls to his 'death'. He is still screaming as he suddenly hears a loud and deep voice " you can stop screaming now" . Arthur opens up his eyes and finds himself on the bottom of a rocky floor. He pushes himself up and sits on his knees looking around and straightening himself. Where am I? what happened? Was he just flying? And who just talked to him? these question fly through his mind as he slowly remembers that a drag--- He feels a rush of wind coming from behind him as he turns around and takes a fighting stance. " why did you take me! I demand you answer me... wait a dragon can't answer me, what am I thinking? They are just mindless beasts--- " ahem I prefer the term magical creature " khilgarrah voices out loud looking down at him. Arthur is shocked once more that day, the surprises just keep on piling up. " you can talk" Arthur utters in disbelief. " obviously" Khilgarrah answers with slight sarcasm in his voice. Arthur doesn't know how to react, the fact that a dragon not only speaks but also know how to use sarcasm. " wait a second, I need a moment" Arthur renders as he takes a seat on a nearby rock. He puts his hand on his forehead and tries to process this whole situation. " I would like to give all the time you need young king but there is no time for that. There is a reason I chose to kingnapp you and take you to a far place like this." Khilgarrah verbalizes. Arthur raises one eyebrow " kingnapp? Seriously? He knows how to joke too, okay I am dreaming that's it. I should wake up" Arthur says slapping himself. " as amusing as it is to see you in this state, we should be hurrying up. Arthur there is a great danger coming to Camelot and we will be forced to work with each other wether we like or not" Khilgarrah explains in a serious tone. That got Arthur attention, he stands up from his position and walks closer to him. "what dangers?" Arthur asked. The dragon has to blink a few times at the quick change of emotions the king is portraying. " well that's good know Arthur." Khilgarrah responds relieved. The king holds up his hand " you seem to know who I am, so o would like to return the favor" Arthur says in his 'royal pratness' voice, well that's how merlin calls it. " oh of course, sorry for the late introduction, I am the great dragon Khilgarrah " Khilgarrah says bowing his head. The great dragon? Where have I heard this before? Arthur makes his thinking face and tries to remember a distant memory. Suddenly a picture of flames engulfing Camelot shoots up in his mind. "YOU!" Arthur yells out with a fire raging in his eyes as he tries to unsheathe his sword. He looks and he finds his sheath empty, great! He looks back up at him contemplating his option when a memory creeps its way into his mind, the day before the war after the meeting they had.

"Are you sure of this Arthur, there has to be another way" Gwen says worriedly slipping her hands into her husbands and leaning her head on his shoulder. "I am not sure gwenevieve but I got no I must do it for the good of our people and the future of Camelot" Arthur declares with so much conviction that she almost believed him. almost...hadn't she seen the worry in his eyes she would have gone the sleep with a light heart. Gwen straightens up into a sitting position and gets of the bed as she goes over her personal closet, she opens it up and takes a little chest. she gors back to her husband's side and opens it up as reaches inside and takes out a dagger. " this dagger was given to me by my father, he wanted me to able to protect myself" gwen says her voice cracking as tears glisten in her eyes. "Gwen you don't have"-NO Arthur I have to, I would feel so much better if you take it with you. Please Arthur take it." Gwen orders. Arthur is taken back but a smile makes his way on his lips as he nods his head. She smiles back and hands it over to him. he kisses her forehead lightly and whispers a thank you into her ear.

He smiles to himself a remembers that fond moment, he takes his dagger that she gave him and points it at the dragon. " ! I will have your head for what u did to Camelot!" Arthur announces proudly forgetting how utterly stupid and ridiculous he looked with that small dagger. The dragon could only shakes his head" oh boy".

Meanwhile...

" this is all your fault, you said that this was better than staying at our camp" Mordred says in a frustrated tone . " how I am I supposed to know that we were going to be stuck in this situations" merlin replies just as annoyed. " well aren't you always stuck in such situations oh great Emrys" Mordred fires back with a sarcastic undertone. " well if you hadn't---" a loud roar could be heard again from the direction they think they came from. " we got to get out of this quick sand now, cause that sounded like a hungry beast" merlin summarizes. " oh thank you I didn't think of that" Mordred sneers at him. merlin ignores that and notices that they have already sunken to their knees. " we can't rely on our magic here. For some reason this place doesn't let us. So oh great Emrys what is your plan now huh, waving your arms and try fly out like a bird" Mordred continues " shut up Mordred let me think" merlin says coldly without looking at him. oh no he did just tell him to shut up, his eyes turns golden as he conjures a stunning spell but the magic got redirected to a randomly nearby tree. Merlin looks at him with a really ? face and shakes his head. Mordred just shrugs at him with a annoyed expression. They were not going out to get out of here if they keep on fighting. " listen I am just as ' happy' to be in this situation with you, but we got to deal with it or we going to die. So let's call a truce" merlin says holding out his hand. Mordred hates to say this but he is right, so he takes his hand. " this place is really strange, the magic flow here is completely in disarray" merlin comments as he is looking for a way to get out. He looks to his left and notices the ground going up pretty fast. He then looks down as his eyes widen, they are sinking faster and faster. " MERLIN!" Mordred shouts with fear in his eyes as he already down to his neck. Merlin instinctively reached out to him and grabbed his hand trying to pull him out as hard as possible. Yet he sinks just deeper and deeper as his head disappears first . merlin trying very hard not to let go as Mordred's hand slowly slips and vanishing into the sand. "NO!" merlin yelled out panicked. Soon he too was disappearing into the sand reaching out his hand to the sky as he whispers " I am sorry". After that he also gets swallowed by the earth.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

A/N I am so sorry for the delay, my computer broke down so I had to fix it, than I caught a cold that made me stay in bed for a few days. I am still recovering, am not completely healed yet. Well anyway thanks for baring with me and reading my awesome story ;) I bet you all were very worried about me and maybe even scared that the story will be dropped. just kidding haha. Yep trying hard to funny. Well on a serious note. I try my best and will make this story as interesting as possible. I would like some comments on how you like it far. Yes on how you LIKE it..... hahaha okay I will stop now, well then see you over x days.

Ps: This was really cringey to type tho haha ^o^

chapter 11 will be up tomorow 3 feb, i may be posting 12 too and 13. we'll see how things go. i know it's been 2 weeks since ive posted. i've been busy with life and am setting some things straight. dont worry i will definetely and absolutely continue this story!