chapter 6: a painfull reunion

« have you heard anything new ? » Gwen asks concerned to her new attained right hand man. " I am afraid not milady, there has been no word yet from our group that we have sent out" glen says bowing his head. She stands up from her throne and walks up to him as she gives him a small smile. "thank you for your hard work, you may go now glen." She orders in a sweet voice, the knight just smiles at her, bows down one last time and leaves throne room. Just when he closes door behind him Gaius comes from around to corner. Glen notices him and bows down his head to him. he keeps on walking down the corridor as he takes a left rounding the corner towards the courtyard. There were a bunch soldiers standing there. They had to stay behind to protect the people, the castle and the queen of course. " hey Borus, anything new?" glen asks his close friend as he joins them. " no, not that I know of" Borus replies casually." That's weird ,don't u think, they have been gone for a long time now. But still nothing." One of the other knight says, his name is Bren. Glen wasn't really close with him but he is a nice guy and a honorable knight "maybe the almighty witch got cold feet and ran with her tail between her legs" Borus says laughing out loud, the others soon joined him. Everyone is now having a laughing except for one who is looking far ahead with a dark expression adorning his face. "come on man, you are allowed to laugh" Borus added to mark. Mark turns around sharply and snaps at him " you think it's a good time to be making jokes, don't you remember who she is. She killed tons of innocents among which our own flesh and blood." He hisses at them. " come on man we were just trying to make light of the situation, no need to get angry or snap at us"Bren defends. " I am going to make' light of the situation' when I see the witch burn at the stake" he voiced with such malice that they could see his eyes burning with rage. That is the last they heard of him as he leaves sharply without offering a proper goodbye. They all look at each other and shake their heads at him. " don't mind him guys he lost everything because of her" Borus announced to them. Glen only nods his head at those words, he feels for Mark. To lose everything in such a way and because of a single person must be crushing him. "well anyway let's just hope that everything is going well and victory will be ours" Bren remarks as he looks up at sky.

Gaius enters the throne room and makes his way to Gwen's side who is standing in front of the window. She watches the townspeople as they go on their everyday lives, she notices a small girl playing catch with her brother she presumes. That makes a smile appear on her face and washes away her worries for a while. " milady" Gaius says nodding his head at her. " tell me Gaius, is that what a war is supposed to be like? No casualties , no messages, no nothing?" Gwen says not looking at him letting out a sigh.

"You" merlin says with venom dripping from his voice. " well well Emrys, how you have been doing. Doing great I see " Mordred says stepping forward. " What are you doing here?" merlin asks his nostrils flaring as he stretches his hand out. " don't worry Emrys I am not here to battle you. I am here to..." he walks closer to him only a few feet apart, merlin looks at him with a very threatening expression. He doesn't know what Mordred is planning so he keeps his hand stretched out and stays on guard. Mordred closes his eyes and sits on his knees. He bows his head and speaks up " merlin I need your help". Never in a million years did merlin ever think, his greatest foe will be on his knees asking HIM for help. This has to be some kind of trap, NO this is definitely a trap. " What are you planning, I am not in the mood for games. Just tell me what you WANT!. Merlin threatens yelling the last part. Mordred knows this isn't going to be easy but he has to try. " merlin listen, I know you don't trust me in fact I don't trust you either but do you think I would be here if I had any another choice" Mordred responds almost pleading. " do you think this whole charade is going to work, I am not buying this." Merlin replies coldly. Mordred sigh out loud and tries to held in anger." Please merlin I need your help" he says through gritted teeth. Merlin only looks at him with no emotions featuring his face. "GODDAMNIT MERLIN!" Mordred shouted out his frustrations. Merlin has to flinch at Mordred's sudden outburst. "DON'T ACT ALL INNOCENT ON ME! YOU ARE PARTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO ME, TO MORGANA! WE MADE OUR CHOICE BUT YOU COULD HAVE HELPED US BY BEING WHO YOU WERE FORETOLD TO BE! BUT YOU DIDN'T CAUSE YOU WERE TOO MUCH OF A COWARD!" He ranted while making a fist. To say that Merlin was taken back was a understatement. Merlin looked up and down at Mordred and noticed him not being armed by the sword that could kill an immortal. "I had no choice" merlin defended himself, he feels the need to at least do that. Mordred looked merlin straight in the eyes with a piercing gaze "NO CHOICE? YOU POISONED HER AND LEFT TO ME DIE! YOU MADE THE HATRED INSIDE US FLOURISH! YOU, THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON OUR SIDE! THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE TO UNITE ALL OF ALBION! TO BRING BACK MAGIC!" Mordred shouted out loud with a rage filled, this is not how he planned this conversation to go at all but all the pent up frustrations and anger towards merlin just came flowing out. " you could have saved us" Mordred now says in a much lower volume. Mordred closes his eyes and bows his head , he balls his fist and let them hang on both sides of his body. Merlin looks at the young boy who has now become a man. He really looks at him, he is all grown-up now. He still remembers the boy he saved years ago , he did it mostly because morgana asked him to and merlin couldn't bring over his heart to watch a kid die. He left him that day because he saw what that boy was capable of. What was he supposed to do when the prophecy say that Arthur will die of his hand. Should he have done nothing and found 'another way'. The words he used to try to bring the old morgana back...His face darkens and merlin looks ahead. Yeah he does have a part in all of this but they still chose their own path. He did what he had to do and he will do it again if he has to. yes I partly responsible for what happened to you and morgana, but you chose your own paths and I chose mine" merlin replies coldly, he is just about to stretch out his hand to perform a stunning spell when the cave starts to rumble. Merlin and Mordred both have to duck out of the way to avoid the falling of rocks. They both slowly stand up from their position. Suddenly crystal falls in between the two of them, it shines more brightly then all the other crystal together. They have to shield their eyes from the brightness it emits. A light shortly goes and the both look into the crystal, many scene flash through the crystal, they can't keep track of them but two events got their attention.

A arrow with an unimaginable speed flies through the air, it is set on a single target. A young woman. A man jumps in front of the woman and sacrifices himself for her. After that you can see the woman crying on her knees as she cradles the dead boy's body In her arms.

The second scene is of a woman sitting in a room with two doors, one gives her love and warmth and the other gives her freedom and everything she ever wanted. The scene changed and the woman now holding a golden dagger in her hand holds it up and stabs herself in the chest. A single tear slides down her cheek as she fell down limp.

The scenes stopped and the crystal stopped shining, the rumbling has stopped a while ago. Merlin and Mordred are dumbfounded at what they have just seen. They lock eyes and replay the two scenes they just witnessed through their mind.

Mordred dead in the hands of gwen.

Morgana stabbing herself with a golden dagger.

"What?" they both asked out loud in unison to no one in particular.

A/N well sorry for the delay, I was busy these few days but I am back with a new chapter. I wanted to make these all about the modred and merlins 'relationship. It was hard for me to write how the encounter will go especially the emotions they have for each other but I am planning big things for the merlin/Mordred dynamic. I really would love some reviews. Tell me how you like the story and if I should add or delete parts. I am open to any suggestions J

I also want to know if there is anyone who likes my story so far.