chapter 4: fate & destiny

Magic is all around us. It is woven into the very fabric of the world. So as a foreign dark magic was used from the ancient times, the very fabric of the world was disturbed. Forcefully taking magic from a magical creature in such a gruesome way has been shied away from and been forbidden for ages, the real cruelty of the action lies in leaving the person or creature hollow and soulless. Without their essence of life they wouldn't be able to live on. Every magical existence in the lands of Albion felt the abominable dark magic that was casted on one of their own. The magic that was used harbored an evil that shook the very core magic itself. From dragons to phoenix, from warlock to witches, from goblins to faeries. They all suffered in their own way. Magic creatures are born of magic. Creatures that are part of the earth all have a certain connections, they all feed of the same force and nurtures them. The great dragon was sitting on a high mountain looking into the distance. A look of sadness plastered on his face, even if he wanted the witch dead. He never wished anything like that. Destiny had changed that's for sure but the path to victory will be much harder and more painful than ever. He sighed out loud and looked down, he truly felt sorry for his kin. " merlin I am sorry". He whispered into the starry night.

Merlin was standing in a peaceful place where everything and everyone radiated with beauty, magic and happiness. Merlin just told a joke at the person next to him and she started giggling. It was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. He could feel that he was smiling from ear to ear and that was he was filled with joy. The scenery changed and he was now in a wasteland, he was on his knees looking up at a unimaginable evil. It was holding a sword and it striked. Merlin closed his eyes accepting his death as the sword teared through flesh and bones but not his. He opened his and was met with two shining emerald orbs. The person smiled and fell face forward on the floor. A small "no" escaped his lips.

Merlins eyes slowly shot open as a bright light hit him straight in his face, he had to squint close his eyes at sheer brightness of it. The light dimmed and merlin opened up his eyes again but he still had to squint though. He looked up and came face to face with Celestia. "good you are awake" she said relief washing over her. She was performing powerful magic for a while now and she could really take a break now. he could feel it engulfing him like a warm blanket. All the events forgotten in his dream, merlin had to blink a few times before realizing that he was actually lying down on the floor with his head on Celestias lap. If they weren't in a dire situation Celestia would have had a laughing fit at Merlins rousing cheeks and comical expression that was none to amusing. He shot up and almost but heads with her, merlin could only look away and scratch the back of his head as he walked a few steps away from her. Celestia had to smile at him, he was certainly cute but she should not be distracted. She should stay focused so she dusted of her lap and stood up from her position. merlin tried to make sense of the situation. How come he was lying on her lap? Where was he again? What happened....? His eyes widened and he looked back at Celestia. " what happened?" He then asked out loud frightened. She could only stare at him." What do you remember" she simply replied. He tried to remember what happened before he lost consciousness, he thought really hard but couldn't seem to remember no matter what. He shook his head and answered with a confused not much. it seems like it has already started before she could even have explained everything to him and it was time for her to go." I am sorry merlin but it's not something for me to say. It would be too easy and just no fun." She said smirking. Morganas fate will be in Merlins hand wether he decides to help her or not. He will have to forgive her. That is something he has to do on his own. Merlin could only look at her in utter disbelief. She was worse than the great dragon and that says a lot." Why not?" he still asked. She came closer only an arm's length apart, she hold out her hand and placed it on his right cheek. " cause young warlock, destiny is a fiddle thing and I don't want to mess with it. We have to let it take its course. The decisions you will make have to be of you own without any inference. I can only guide you not like a certain someone who used you for his own gain" she finished explaining. Merlin nodded his head and frowned his brows" you know of him?" he asked. She retracted her hand shrugged and stepped away " one thing I can say though. You must remember, don't live in the past and don't look back, and finally green and blue must unite" Celestia spoke in a echoing voice as she disappeared into a golden light. Merlin was left standing there with no clue what just occurred "SERIOUSLY!" he yelled out to no one in particular, he rubbed his hands through his hair making a mess out of it. This makes no sense at all, an elf came to him, the ones who only knew of fairy tales. She wanted to tell him something very important obviously but was very vague. Not only that but he also lost consciousness for whatever reason. His memories are fuzzy and he can't make sense of them. After he woken up she was even more confusing and left him a with a warning, and what did green and blue must unite even mean! Is it too much for a simple straight answer "hey merlin, how are you? Good, good. You know what you have to go there and do this and that. See it's not that difficult, but nooooo, for some kind of way all magical creatures have a twisted sense of humor." Merlin began frantically. "you must be looking out for a great danger and green and blue must unite" he finished mimicking Kilgharrahs voice. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was having a hard time pondering about that and he felt like he forgot something very important but couldn't remember. "Aaaaah! Why is my life so very difficult!" He yelled out. He then starts walking back where he came from. He soon realized that he was transported or teleported or whatever , miles away from where he originally thought he was. "What In the name of the triple goddess is going on!" merlin yelled out for umpteenth time. High up in the sky two figures could be seen levitating"you know you could have at least brought him back" A voice said. " and where would the fun be in that Luna?" Celestia replied chuckling. "you have already broken many laws coming here, you should know that father is not happy with you" Luna scolded. Celestia just rolled her eyes at her little sister" Tell me something I don't why, he always worries but never acts" Celestia said coldly, Luna just sighed at her big sister her and shook her head. " well anyway, it seems like Morgana has her magic taken away. The prophecies were true after all? It's truly a shame that the road for her redemption had to be started in such an awful way. "Luna stated with a sad undertone." Well it's not up for us to decide whether or not its rightful. We can only watch from the sidelines like we always do" Celestia said bitterly anger flashing in her eyes as she started flying away in the other direction from where merlin was."Celestia!" Luna yelled out but to no avail. Celestia already was too far away to hear her. Luna just sighed out and went after her big sister.

" stupid elf, stupid destiny, stupid Arthur" he knew Arthur had nothing to do with his current predicament but it just felt right to curse him too. Merlin was now walking through a dark and cold forest with still an hour or so on foot. He was tired and still felt not completely right after he lost his consciousness. He could use a teleportation spell but it still was pretty tricky to him and he was pretty fond of his toes and fingers. Weird right? But let's just say an inexperienced warlock can leave some of his body parts behind. He can try to use a transfiguration spell where he turns himself into a horse but that's also too much of a stretch; " so walking it is" merlin grumbled. After an hour of walking ,stumbling, resting and stumbling again seriously though how can someone be this clumsy. He finally arrived at the castle. There were no guards so he went through the courtyard. He rounded a corner on his left. he made his way to the physicians room. The door was unlocked so just pushed it open with his body. Walking was already too much for him and his eyes felt like a ton. he almost ran into his door but with a quick spell the door opened itself and merlin just threw himself on his bed. Merlin closed his eyes and instantly dozed off. "Melamin ." merlin whispered in his sleep.