006

"Don't say that we could've done something" Shuri said.
"I'm sorry" you say trying not to cry.
"It's not your fault" Shuri said
_________________________________________
It's Now your birthday and the same day as the funeral. Nobody even realized that it was your birthday, they only cared about the funeral. I know that may seem selfish but honestly never mind.

"Y/n" Shuri says while knocking on the door
"Come in" you say say
"Happy Birthday. I got you some thing"
"Aww you remembered"
"How could I forget my bestfriends birthday. Here" she said giving you a small box.
"Oh my Shuri this to much you didn't have to get me anything"
"I know but I wanted to here lemme put it on you" Shuri takes the butterfly necklace out of the box and puts it on you.
"We should get going" you say and yall walk out the door.
_________________________________________
After The Funeral

"Hey mom can we do something together later today" you ask.
"Sure what's the occasion?" She asked.
"Wait what's todays date?" You ask to make sure ur not tripping.
"The 10th" she replied
"Mom you seriously don't know what today is" you say kinda hurt.
"No what is it?" She says confused
"It's nothing never mind forget about it" You say and leave and go back to your room and close the door as soon as you get in there.

"How could she forget my birthday" you say crying.
You just decide to take a shower then cry yourself sleep and shut everyone out.
_________________________________________
The Next Day

"Y/N can I come in" Shuri says knocking on the door
"Come in" you say
"Hey what's wrong" she asked sitting on the other side of the bed.
"Everything is fine do you wanna go to the beach" with me you say.

SHURI'S POV

INNER THOUGHTS (Y/N hates the beach something is really wrong but let's see how far they will go)

"Sure what time" I said
"Maybe in 10 minutes let me get ready" Y/N said
"Ok" I said.

10 Minutes Later

"You ready to go?" Y/N ask
"Yea I guess"

At The Beach

"So why did you wanna come to the beach"
"Well it's it's calming to me now ever since you kept telling me what happened isn't my fault I finally believed it. So when I'm not feeling the best I come out here now"
"Well I'm glad I could help someone"
"Shuri it's not your fault we couldn't have done anything"
"Then why do I feel guilty"
"I can't tell you why you feel that why but I can you that life gets better"
"Thanks" I say giving y/n a hug.
"We should get back.
_________________________________________

A year has passed now and it's Shuri 16th Birthday and you got her a simple necklace with her initial on it

YOUR POV

"Happy Birthday Shuri" I said
"Thank you " she said
"I got you something close your eyes and put your hands out" I said
"What is it" she asked. I put the box in her hand. I'm really nervous what if she doesn't like it.
"You can open your eyes now"
"Omg Thank you y/n"
"You like it?"
"Like it I love it"
"I got it because I know you like simple things not really over the top stuff I was scared that you wouldn't like it"
"Aww you remembered Thank You so much" she said hugging me.
_________________________________________

TIME SKIP: Its now the night before your Birthday to be exact 11:45 pm and your kinda nervous.

"Y/n y/n" Shuri snapped you out of your thoughts
"

Oh sorry I was just thinking what did you neeed" I said
"I know your birthday is tomorrow and you always get nervous before your birthday. What are you stressing about this time"
"Tomorrow makes a year since his funeral and I feel like my birthday is gonna be like last year I know I might sound selfish but my own my forgot it was my birthday and I wanted it to be about me and just wanna go back to New York and see my dad because I know he wouldn't forget my birthday. I just want to be with both of my parents on my birthday because I've never had that like most kids and idk if that's why I never felt like I fit in with other kids or anyone. I don't want people to have pity on me but I don't want people to make it seem like my life has been so easy and everything has been handed to like some rich white girl." I chuckled at the end.

"And I don't wanna seem ungrateful because I'm not I have you and-"
Shuri grabs your neck gently and softly kisses you and you look at the clock at see the it's 12:00am. You both slowly pull away.

"I've been waiting to do that for a while" Shuri said.
"Did you time that perfectly or just a coincidence" you say pointing at the clock
"Just a coincidence. That's also you birthday gift"
"That was the best gift I've ever got"
"I'm just playing with you I actually got you this" Shuri said getting a box out.

"Aww you didn't have to get me anything"
You said opening the box.
"I was thinking we could switch our necklaces so that way no matter what we will never forget about each other"

(Y for y/n imagine its you initia)

"I'd love that. Lemme put yours on first turn around" she turned around and I put the one with my initial on her.
"Your turn" Shuri took the one with her initial off and put it on me (lately Shuri has been putting things on y/n but not what we really want her to🤭😈)

"Come on let's go to bed" Shuri says
"Alright" Tonight your sleep in Shuri's bed instead of yours and your on top of her.