ëįght

Once I saw him I immediately turned around. I am not doing this today. Fuck no. I'm not no coward. I just need to stay away and do my work, simple. "I'll take their order." I tell Tyler. As I walk to the table I can feel Xavier's eyes trail me. I shiver. Oh gosh, what is he doing to me. After taking those peoples orders were complete there was literally no one there. So all three of us were basically standing around in awkward silence. Worst hour of my life. Honestly, it was more torturous then when I actually got tortured.

Before we can stay in this awkward silence any longer Wednesday walks through the door. "shouldn't you be at your volunteering job?" I ask her. Obviously her response is to just ignore me and walk up to Tyler. She pulls out a map and asked if he new where that was and he did. So he dropped everything just to go help her, abandoning his job. Great, now I am left with Xavier. That was sarcasm by the way. Tyler is such a "simp" as people would say. He is extremely whipped which is almost suspicious.

Xavier voice brought me out of my thoughts once the two left, "You know this would be going by a lot faster we would actually talk, you know." I don't even know how to reply. I am embarrassed from the last few days and worse of all a weird feeling erupts from me whenever we talk which I don't like.

"Then what do we talk about then, huh." I say probably a bit ruder then I should have. "Isabella, I know that you have been having a rough couple of days but it's okay to talk to people. I mean I always love talking to you." My face warms up? Did he really just say that. "Can we just forget about what happened. It honestly wasn't a big deal." I say looking into his eyes. He glances down not able to hold my gaze. "It's that's what you want the of course but if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here for you."

After a while of awkward small talk, our conversation began to pick up and I was actually enjoying myself.

"You draw? Are you any good or just one of those people who pretend to be a true artist?" I asked him. "I'm great trust me. Let me grab my sketchbook really quickly and I will show you. I feel like your the artist who isn't actually good." He replies scrambling over to his bag to prove me wrong. Looks like he is really defensive over his art. He pulls up a page with a charcoal drawing of a owl, it was really impressive but I have seen better. I know the good stuff is deeper in the book so I grab he sketchbook and run. We run around tables as he tries to reach his book and that's when I flip the page. I see a beautiful drawing and it's of me. "Aww isn't this adorable." I mock him. "Isabella give that back!" He says trying to reach his book. "I know I'm so beautiful. Everyone should be drawing me." I say twirling around while laughing. But my heart freezes when I see the next drawing.

"Why did you draw this? The monster that killed Rowen. How do you even know what it looks like?" We both stand stiff not knowing what to do. He tries to take a step towards me out that only causes me to take one back. "I'm not going to hurt you Isabella. That- that thing haunts my dreams. I-its always there and I draw it to get it out of my system. You know?" Xavier says with a slight quiver in his voice. His eyes are teary and his emotions are raw which proves to me he isn't lying. Xavier would never do something so evil.

"I believe you but that shit is creepy Xavier, if I was you I would keep this from my sister." I sigh and I also watch his shoulders relax. "I- ugh- so?" He replies, not knowing how to pick up the conversation but I can still tell he is shanked up so I do something I least expect. I hug him. His arms immediately rap around mine and his head goes in the crock of my neck. We stay there for what seems like eternity but then we hear the familiar bell of the door and go back to serving people.

After the day, I change out of my outfit and Xavier catches up to me before I leave. "Hey, uhm- by any chance do maybe want to go to the Rave'N with me? It's totally fine if not-" He says scratching the back of his neck, continuing to ramble on before I cut him off. "Yeah, yeah. I will go with you." I say with a slight smile spread across my face. Maybe I am capable of feeling happiness.

We walk out together and make our way to the group of people for the statue reveal. He goes to sit on the bench and I go up and sit beside Wednesday to play my violin. "Why do you look happy, it's disgusting." Wednesday tells me. At first I wasn't going to tel her but then the news just slipped out of my mouth, "Xavier asked to the Rave'N." I say turning to her. "After I rejected him." Wednesday adds.

What. The. Fuck.

After I thought I was special for once. That I finally one upped Wednesday at something she just goes and crushes everything. Why am I even blaming Wednesday? It wasn't her fault, it was Xavier. I knew he was to good to be true, why would someone like him have feelings for me.

Before I could dwell on this anymore the band had to start. Wednesday and I were supposed to play some happy music but between my feelings and whatever master plan she came up with we were playing a dark contemporary. A song that gets the listeners stressed but relieves all of my own.

I'm so engulfed in the music I don't even realize that's the statue is on fire but then to large hands grab my waist pulling me out of the way. "Isabella! What were you think, that was dangerous!" Xavier yells at me. All I could see was red. I need to control it. How rude coule he be. First he makes me my sisters backup and now is yelling at me.

I slowly turn around and walk away. I'm not doing this right now. No way. "Don't walk away from me Isabella, tell me what's wrong please." He says with a slight beg to his tone. If he really wants to know how bad he fucked up ill tell him, "You asked Wednesday before me. I'm just the backup aren't I?" I say with a funnyless chuckle at the end. "No, I swear- you were always my first option. No one can compare to you. It's just that Wednesday came to my art place and- and I said that out of a joke. I didn't mean it, please. I'm sorry." He says panicking like he was when I saw his art. I don't even know what to say so I do the one thing I do know how to do.

I run far far away into the woods to let all my magic loose and turn into the tornado I am.