|◇{× Chapter Two: The Letter ×}◇|

A/N: I feel as though the title says it all.

(Y/N has just turned eleven and her brother is about to start his third year at Hogwarts [yes, Mike goes to Hogwarts] so he's 13, her parents are 33)

WARNING: Light swearing

:Y/N POV:

It's summer break! FINALLY! I sigh as I slump on the couch my forehead slightly beaded with sweat from running from the bus stop to our house, I'm glad I have a house key otherwise I'd have to wait for Mike and Alex outside in the super humid air outside. After I close my eyes for a few seconds hear a tapping on the window and open them sighing and standing up to investigate what the hell that noise is.

To my surprise I see an OWL a freaking OWL tapping on my the window of my living room in broad daylight with a paper attached to it's leg without knowing what else to do I open the window, the owl hopps inside, still on the window sill and shakes it's leg at me and I shrug and untie the paper from it's leg realizing it's not a paper but a envelope, the owl coos and flies away and I quickly close the window, heart pounding, this was how Mike got his letter to Hogwarts. The letter read, 

'Dear Miss Y/N Jo Elizabeth, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress'

I was surely grinning like a loony and had justice noticed Mike's third year Hogwarts letter that had fallen to the floor, but the door opened and Alex and Mike both walked in laughing together, honestly I think secretly Alex returns Mike's feelings but they are both to thick to see that they are both madly in love with each other, and did I forget to mention that Alex is amazing? He's very kind and always supportive, even if he disagrees with your opinion he trys to put himself in your shoes, anyway enough of me ranting about Alex, that's for Mike to do in his diary (A/N: How does she know that he does that...) "Hi Alex!" I yell kindly even though he's only across the room, "Hi Y/N!" He shouts back and I grab Mike's letter, I'll give it to him later, and stare at the rest of mine because there's a second page that reads, 

'Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry 

UNIFORM

First year students will require: 

 1. Three sets of plain work robes (Black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day ware

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standered Book of Spells (Grade one)                                           

By  Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic

By Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory 

By Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration 

By Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi 

By Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafs and Potions

By Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

By Newt Scamander 

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

By Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT 

1 Wand

1 Cauldron (Pewter, Standered size 2)

1 Set glass or crystal philas

1 Telescope 

1 Set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours Sincerely, 

 Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus

Cheif Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions'

I squealed, which was very unlike me and abruptly smacked a hand over my mouth but there was still a knock on my bedroom door "Who's there?" I asked "Me," Mike replied "Who's 'me'?" I asked somewhat snobbishly. I hear him sigh and he opens the door, Alex standing beside him "Why'd you squeal?" Alex asks, sounding slightly concerned, "Did you get a letter from your booooyyyyfrienddd???" Mike teases and I remember the moment three years ago when he said the same thing as we were walking into school and without thinking I snap back with "No, but when Alex sends letters to you while your at Hogwarts I'm sure you make the same noise," and everything suddenly goes silent and I inwardly curse myself for possibly being the end of their friendship, just because I THINK Alex returns Mike's feelings doesn't mean I'm right. "M-Mike, I-I think we need to t-talk," Alex stutters and Mike abruptly nodds leaving my room and going straight to his.

I smack my forehead and fall forward onto my bed, hugging one of my stuffies trying to not think about what I could have just done and closing my eyes to imagine what my new school will be like and who will be there...

I must've fallen asleep for I don't know how long and my stomach growls so I get up to go eat something, and even though I wasn't trying to be sneaky we have very thick carpet so I made zero noise going downstairs to the kitchen. As I walk into the kitchen I rub my eyes not quite believing what I'm seeing "Am I dreaming?" I question aloud and Mike and Alex break apart from their, heated, and I'm assuming first, snog, their faces turn bright red and Alexes eyes widen but Mike looks relieved it's not mom or dad "Your-your not going to t-tell anyone, a-are y-you?" Alex asked nervously but instead of replying to him I shout "FINALLY!" At the top of my lungs, they both look slightly frightened for a second but then burst out laughing "Not without your guyses permission I won't!" I assure them both as an answer to Alexes question and they both pull me into a big hug, and a hug them back, obviously, but pull away rather quickly and announce "I'm hungry!" "That sounds like a 'you' problem," Mike giggles and we all burst out laughing.

A/N: I don't really know if that chapter was long enough but the next one will be about getting her school stuff and going on the train... Until next chapter! BYE!

(Word Count:1034)