|◇{× Chapter 5: Hogwarts ×}◇|

Y/N: OK FIRST OF ALL IM REALLY SORRY FOR NOT GETTING THE CHAPTERS OUT like I said I would, this one didn't save because I accidentally closed my tablet, where I'm working on this, and it didn't save and I almost had the whole chapter done and ✨️school✨️ kinda got in the way and I don't really know how this connects but I just tripped down the stairs and landed on my butt and I'm laying in bed and now my whole back hurts so enjoy the chapter.

(Same ages as last chapter)

:THIRD PERSON POV:

As Y/N walked into the hall after Professor McGonagall she quivered with nerves and excitement. There was a hat on a stool and she didn't really know why until one of the creases opened up and started belting out a song,

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find,

A smarter hat than me!

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts sorting hat,

And I can cap them all!

There's nothing hidden in your head,

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you,

Where you ought to be!

You may belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,

Set Gryffindor's apart!

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,

And unafraid of toil!

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind!

Or perhaps in Slytherin,

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means,

To achieve their ends!

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

Your in good hands (though I have none),

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

And the song was done, Y/N clapped along with the others and smiling, much less nervous "Abbott, Hannah," Professor McGonagall called after the applause were over Hannah sat on the stool and Professor McGonagall gently placed the Sorting Hat on Hannah's head very quickly the hat shouted out "HUFFLEPUFF," "Bones, Susan," "HUFFLEPUFF," and this continued for a little while until Professor McGonagall called "Elizabeth, Y/N," and Y/N walked up to the stool, putting on the hat, it was muttering something about bravery and then yelled out "GRYFFINDOR," so Y/N quickly went over to the table that was cheering and sat down next to Fred or George, she couldn't really tell until he said "Bonjour," "Hello, Fred, I was wondering if you could introduce me to your brother," and George grinned from across the table "Hello, madame," George said kindly "Hello!" Y/N said George quickly ducked under the table, reappearing next to her.

:Y/N'S POV:

"Hello!" I said to the redhead cheerfully "I'm George, and you are, Y/N, it was?" "Yep!" I reply...

<Mini tincy wincy time skip>

"Potter, Harry," Professor McGonagall eventually said and clearly nervous, Harry stepped up to the stool and the hall went dead silent for a few seconds until people started muttering and whispering to each other about "The Chosen One" and "Harry Potter" and "The Boy Who Lived" and I was very confused (A/N: remember, Y/N is a Muggle Born so she doesn't know about this stuff) the hat just sat there for around a minute and then called out loudly after appearing to have said something to Harry "GRYFFINDOR," and the Gryffindor table erupted into cheers and the carrot tops (Fred, George) were yelling "WE GOT POTTER, WE GOT POTTER," over and over and Harry looked quite embarrassed as he walked over to the table, I definitely would be, and sat in George's empty seat, right next to Ron and across from me "Good job making Gryffindor, Potter," raising an eyebrow and smirking at him.

:HARRY'S POV:

It is now very dark outside, it's a cresent moon and is very pretty. After a while of looking down upon the parts of the beautiful grounds that I could see from the largest boys dorm window I saw a fawn, a doe, and a stag peek out of the trees and run around, all playing with each other, after they all laid down for a while and then trotted back into the forest as if nothing had happened, but it had, and I was lucky enough to have witnessed it. It was beautiful.

:Y/N'S POV:

"WAKEY WAKEY, EGGS AND BAKEY," Hermione almost yells, shaking me, hard, "Alright, alright I'm up," I say, sitting up and yawning "Mike was a much better alarm clock," I mutter.

<Time skip>

"So thats why I have so many brothers," Ron finishes pointing his spoon at us "Okay, put down the spoon, or eat with it," I reply.

A/N: Okay, this chapter was weird and short and as always I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes but I just wanted to get this done so I could get the next two out so I could start on 3rd year. Au revoir!

(Word count: 795)