Ch. 4 - My Sweet Monkshood

'Gingko Leaf' scanned around the main area of the fortress untill his (e/y) eyes met nervous red ones.
He smiled gently at the man the eyes belonged to who simply ducked behind a wall.
'Gingko Leaf' frowned slightly and set his pot down, calmly lowering himself off Kokushibo's platform and walking to where the man hid.
'Gingko Leaf' stood behind the corner the man hid behind and peaked his head around it.

"Hello, my sweet Monkshood..?"

He asked in a soft tone to not scare the other man.
Hantengu 'eeked' and hid his head under his hands.

"Powerful...! Scary....! Hello, kind Gingko Leaf..."

Hantengu greated him nervously, not daring to look up.
'Gingko Leaf' chuckled softly and crouched down in front of him.

"I brought you a flower, my sweet Monkshood... would you like it? You don't need to be scared of me, I'd never hurt one of my dear flowers. When have i every hurt you? We've known each other forever, my sweet Monkshood. "

'Gingko Leaf' smiled reassuringly as Hantengu looked up to him and hesitantly held out one hand for the flower.
'Gingko Leaf' reached into his sleeve and pulled out a monkshood flower for Hantengu, placing the stem in his hand till he gripped it.
Hantengu sniffed the flower hesitantly and tilted his head when he couldn't smell anything.

"What flower is this..?"

"Oh, it's what you're nicknamed after! A monkshood flower, also known as aconite. It's usually a symbol of caution, so I figured it would be perfect for you! As well as misanthropy, and you don't like being around people, so obviously that fits. And as long as you don't eat it, it's not dangerous! Similar to how you fight!"

'Gingko Leaf' giggled a little and Hantengu gently held the flower to his chest.

"Thank you... my kind Gingko Leaf, for the flower.."

He spoke in a nervous tone, but 'Gingko Leaf' simply nodded and stood up.

"I'll leave you be then, my sweet Monkshood! I hope your night went well!"

And with that, he hurried back to Kokushibo and his pot, hugging the pot once more and sitting back on the mat.
Kokushibo simply looked at him with his usual stoic expression and shook his head.

"I do not understand... how you deal with those two..."

Kokushibo sighed, making 'Gingko Leaf' laugh.

"Well, I'd like to consider you three my best best friends because I've talked to you guys basically from the beginning of the upper moons! You three are the only demons I've met that just get me! You trained me to be good with a sword even though I can't use your breathing technique, my beautiful Checkered Lily and I are eye to eye when it comes to appreciating artistic beauty, and my sweet Monkshood will listen to me talk about flowers for hours! He even asks me more about them! I deal with those two just as I deal with you; I treat you guys like my best friends, because that's how I see you outside of simply a powerful demon!"

'Gingko Leaf' smiled warmly at Kokushibo who simply blinked and nodded slightly, a faint pink dusting his face as he made eye contact with 'Gingko Leaf'.

"I see... I think I understand..?"

'Gingko Leaf' giggled.

"Oh, my lovely Red Hibiscus, maybe you'll get it some day! When you find someone that can make you of all people smile, you'll know you've made a friend! That's what I think, at least."

'Gingko Leaf' sighed and looked back towards the center platform, feeling a new demonic presence arrived.
'Gingko Leaf' gasped and set the pot down, getting ready to leap over.

"Hello hello, my lovely Gazania!"

He called out cheerfully, getting up and walking to the edge of Kokushibo's platform to get a better view.

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《~Fin.~》

635 words not including these!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Hantengu has been added to - best friends!}》

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Hello once more, dear reader! I hope you enjoyed this chapter although it's a lot shorter than I meant it to be! My apologies! Hopefully next chapter will be longer since banter is easier to do with the next character! Maybe you're able to guess who it is from the flower? The flower symbolism is rather ironic considering the character, but the flower itself just reminded me of him! With all that said, I bid you farewell for now, dear reader! I do hope you have a wonderful day/night!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Secrets unlocked: x5! Botany book updated x2!}》

《{Gazania flowers: commonly used to symbolize 'wealth and richness'!}》

《{The smell of monkshood flowers is unknown!}》

《{(Y/n) knows a bit too much about flower toxins and how to mask their scents, it makes everyone nervous!}》

《{(Y/n) was made a demon 10 years after Kokushibo, so he made it his goal to make friends with all his fellow upper moon's, although the last one doesn't return his flower name and he doesn't like Doma!}》

《{(Y/n) doesn't know how to tell the difference between complex emotions such as love and friendship because he can't remember them well! Only defined ones such as sadness, anger, or disgust!}》