Ch. 27 - Pt. 2 - Eyes of a Demon

"Now then, those who trust our guest speak up."

The Master requested with a calm tone.

In response to the request, four unique voices spoke.

One loud and excited, one sweet and somewhat uncertain, one deep and calm, and one monotone and certain.

When the unfamiliar sweet voice chimed in, (y/n) was pleasantly surprised.

The last thing he expected was a fourth hashira from this new generation to trust him!

"Would the other five like to explain why they don't trust him?"

The Master asked casually, to which a different loud voice spoke up.

"I mean no disrespect, Oyakata-sama, but I must flashily object to this! How could we trust something that was an upper ranked demon?! It could have been lying to us all along just to get close to you! What if this was Kibutsuji's plan all along!?"

The dramatically loud man gasped with a theatrical spark to his points and accusations.

A hint of irritation flashed through (y/n)s eyes when he was accused of working with Muzan, but a subtle motion from the Master made him hold his tongue.

Instead, a different voice spoke up.

One that (y/n) wasn't expecting, and one the leader was counting on.

"How could you say that!? He saved my life without a reason to! He avenged a whole village by killing the lower ranked demon that burned it to the ground! How dare you accuse him of being good for the wrong reasons!"

Giyu snapped with a defensive edge to his tone, shocking everyone but the Master.

Even the boy who was watching the clouds turned his gaze down to the commotion.

"You're only defending it because it helped raise you. Anyone would defend their family if they were a demon. What makes you any different?"

A smooth and condescending voice spoke up, almost mocking Giyu with his tone alone.

The Master could tell that things were starting to get a little too heated and momentarily defused the situation with a wave of his hand.

"For those who still doubt him, I do not belittle your opinions, but those who accept him, would you care to share why? I trust him because this demon hasn't been in contact with Kibutsuji in 113 years. While he is intelligent, why would Kibutsuji demote one of his strongest weapons for a plan that had no guarantee to flourish? I would go as far as to put my life in his hands if need be. Is there anyone else who would like to speak their mind on the matter?"

The Mastwr explained, which led to everyone's eyes widening.

While (y/n) felt honored by that level of trust from such an important man, it also made him nervous.

What would the hashira think of this?

"I trust him because my father did! He is a very hard man to please or impress, so he must have done something truly worthwhile!"

Rengoku shouted proudly, a bright smile plastering his face.

Everyone either nodded in understanding of the reason or stayed still, but no one made a comment.

"He protected me when I was being overwhelmed, and he did not kill me, even while knowing my weaknesses. If he was with Kibutsuji, he would have killed me that night without a second thought."

Himejima chimed in, rubbing the prayer beads in his hands together as tears trailed down his face.

The wind hashira scoffed at these claims, but no one else made a sound.

(Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed when tears started to pour from Himejima's eyes, and he felt concerned for the hashira.

Why would he get emotional over this?

"If Oyakata-sama is willing to put his life in the hands of this demon, then it would be disrespectful for us to disagree with his wishes."

The sweet voice spoke up again, and (y/n) looked down at the girl.

She looked too cute to be a hashira, but (y/n) would not doubt her abilities.

Every hashira had their own unique style that made them stand out, so (y/n) didn't dare to underestimate her like many before him may have.

Underestimating her and Kocho's swordsmanship just because they are women would just be plain rude, too.

(Y/ ) knew Nakime was a powerful woman on her own, so he didn't hesitate to think equally of the female hashira.

Throughout this, Giyu remained silent.

The man had already spoken out on his opinions on (y/n), so he didn't see the need to talk more.

"Now, would those who still do not trust our guest, even a little bit, please speak up."

The leader asked, to which only two voices responded; one dull and low, and one gruff and sharp.

Only hearing that two people still rejected (y/n) made the Master's smile broaden just a little bit more.

"Very well, Sanemi-san and Obanai-san. With that, this meeting is over. Shinobu-san, can I trust that you will let (y/n)-san stay in the Butterfly Mansion without discrimination until further notice?"

He asked the butterfly lady, to which she responded in kind.

"Of course, Oyakata-sama! The kakushi may escort him back, and I will personally see to him soon."

The woman hummed, and two kakushi came around the corner.

They both carried umbrellas, which the demon found odd, but he didn't question it.

He bowed deeply to the Master before stepping down onto the gravel, bowing to the hashira as well.

As he tied his mask back over his face, (y/n) noticed how warm his body felt.

That's when he remembered that demons weren't supposed to stand in the sun, and almost everyone stared at him in shock.

With that... awkward reveal out of the way, (y/n) silently followed the kakushi away after giving another quick bow.

When the demon was out of sight, the clearing hursted into chatter of shock and confusion between those who were unaware of (y/n)s ability to walk in the sun.

On the other side of the same coin, the kakushi started pestering (y/n) about what else he could do that normal demons found impossible.

All the way to the mansion, (y/n) didn't answer them.

He just silently chuckled as the hashira's surprised expressions were engraved into his memory.

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《~Fin.~》

1,047 words, not including these!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

Welcome back, my dears! I didn't want to keep yall waiting, so here's the second part earlier than I was even expecting! I do hope you all enjoy this chapter because it was pretty fun to write! Some of the characters are a bit ooc, but I hope I'll get better at writing them later down the line! But that's all, my dear readers! Please let me know how yall felt about the chapter, and I will see you all again next time! Have a terrific day/night, my dears!

《•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•》

《{Secrets unlocked: x2!}》

《{Giyus shouting shut Tengen up ratger quickly because the sudden defensive outburst startled everyone!}》

《{Sanemi and Obanai don't understand how everyone could trust the demon, but they stopped arguing out of respect!}