Ch. 15 - Hunting the Damned

The soft chirping of birds filled the forest surrounding Urokodaki's home as the wildlife began to stir awake.
In the home, light pourd onto the wooden floors through the windows.
The home owner slept in his own room while (y/n) sat asleep in the dining room with the boy.

Sabito's eyes fluttered open and he took a few moments to look around the room he was in.
Unfortunately, nothing seemed interesting so the boy sighed and turned his attention to his face.
He reached up to where he had gotten cut and rubbed a bandage that covered it, hissing in pain as it stung.
Hearing the boy, (y/n)'s eyes opened and he looked at the kid in his lap with curiosity.

"Well, good morning, Sabito-kun. Is that cut still hurting?"

He asked with a small smile as the boy looked up at him.

"No, it's okay. Thank you!"

Sabito smiled slightly in return.
(Y/n)'s heart squeezed at his sheer cuteness and politeness.

"Are you hungry? My friend should be waking up soon and I could ask him to make you something."

(Y/n) offered and the boy have him a confused look.

"Do you not know how to cook? Does he just make you food all the time?"

Sabito asked which took (y/n) a few moments to think of an answer.

"Well, hm.. I prefer to hunt for my food and eat it as it is? None of these vegetables and seasonings you humans use for your deer or other meats."

(Y/n) smiled but Sabito looked at him with wide and nervous eyes.

"W-wait.. so you really are a demon..?"

"Yep! Hang on... oh! I don't eat humans though! I suppose I should have made that clear first, huh? I'm so sorry for the scare, Sabito-kun!"

(Y/n) apologized and let Sabito go, understanding his lack of trust.
The boy sat across the room from (y/n) and watched him with narrowed eyes.
The two sat in silence until a voice spoke up.

"What are you two doing? And does that cut still hurt, boy?"

Urokodaki asked as he emerged from his room, seeing the two's odd situation.

"What did you do to the kid, (y/n)-kun?"

Urokodaki walked over and whacked (y/n) on the back of his head.
Sabito looked at the masked man with surprise and worry.

"All I did was tell him I'm a demon! I didn't do anything!"

(Y/n) defended as Urokodaki continued to whack him.
Urokodaki stopped hitting him at that and bowed slightly in apology, walking over to Sabito and helping him stand.

"I'll make the boy something to eat and explain what we do. You can feel free to go do your training or find yourself some food."

With that, Urokodaki took Sabito into the kitchen and left a bamboozled (y/n) alone.

"Well, good morning to you too. I'm starting to think 'calm' was the wrong word for him."

(Y/n) sighed and stood up, heading over to the shoji door and sliding it open as he grabbed his katana from it's stand.
Warm rays of sunlight greated him as he stepped outside of the home and he smiled.

"At least the sun always gives me a warm hello."

He chuckled and closed the door behind him, starting to walk off into the forest and sniff around for anything he could eat.
Unintentionally, (y/n) ended up staying out till sunset because he got distracted by a path of pretty flowers he never noticed before.