backstory

aquila voiceover: it was early in the morning of november 3, 1959, when you could hear a baby's cry from number twelve grimmauld place, the dark ancestral home of the blacks

people stared at the house in slight fear at the darkness it showed.

"i wouldn't want to live there..." a younger hufflepuff whispered to one of the older years.

the screen showed walburga black, who had just gone through eight hours of labor, when she gave birth to the first of her twins, aquila lyra black, as named by orion. about 15 minutes later came the second, sirius orion black.

the audience watched as orion paid the healer and sent her on her way. joining his wife and children in their bedroom, he studied the features of his newborn daughter. she had slightly tanned skin, a tuft of ebony hair, a button nose, perfect rosy cheeks, and sparkling grey eyes. he then examined his son. the same slightly tanned skin, the same dark hair, the same nose, the same eyes. both had the signature black family features. aquila and sirius looked almost identical in the looks department, but aquila's eyes reflected the stars like no other. orion found they looked more like him than his godforsaken wife.

"aww, quils, you were adorable!" felicity squealed, looking at the babies on the screen in awe.

"yes she was..." orion whispered to himself, seemingly upset.

captions: over the first year of the twins' lives, orion watched them grow, walburga staying as far from them as possible, except for when she was criticizing them. as they grew, they still looked almost identical except for the difference in eyes. orion developed an attachment to his daughter. he protected her and loved her. although at the beginning he hadn't wanted children, he was happy that his little prince and princess had been born.

"that's actually so cute, why can't my dad love me like that!" a hufflepuff fourth year whined, causing everyone to look at her in slight concern.

at the bottom of the screen showed the date june 25, 1961, another baby boy was born into the house of black. his name, regulus arcturus black. he also looked more like orion and was almost a carbon copy of his brother and sister, although his eyes were more of a piercing silver. aquila had taken quite an interest in the newest member of the family. she didn't quite understand why he would cry, but she was the only one who could get him to stop. they had a bond that no one, not even their mother, could break.

the screen showed a three-year-old aquila looking into a bassinet where baby regulus was screaming at the top of his lungs.

"papa, why is reggie crying?" aquila questioned her father, looking up to him with pure concern in her eyes.

"well, reggie could need a few things..." orion tried explaining to his young daughter.

"well i think he needs me." aquila stated, before sticking her hand into the bassinet and letting regulus grip onto her fingers, causing him to stop crying and move to cuddle her hand. "see, papa? he just needs his aquila."